Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of rebuilding my sag pump. well actually the beginning, i can't get off the pulley? does it just pull off or do i need to loosen it some how? if so which way do i turn it??

NIck

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I find it easiest to put the pulley in a vise(don't crank it so tight you tear up the pulley) to keep it from moving all over then use the pulley puller. Works great. Are you having a problem with the pump? I rebuilt the one I got before I put it on my Bronco and there really isn't much that can go wrong with them. There made very well. You're not really rebuilding it, it's really just new seals and a bushing.

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i am having alot of problems with my steering, I'm not entirely sure what is going on with it, but i figured i would start with rebuilding the pump. I am getting really difficult steering both left and right.

Well, I bent the pulley, now i have to look for another

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did that before i posted here when i couldn't get it off. after i got the advise i quit and got the pulley puller.

·
3 wheeler
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright so i got myself a new pulley adn i put it on the bronco and got the pump put in and am trying to get it to work.
well i finally get around to putting the new belt on today and start up the bronco. I am getting nothing from the power steering. It is still very difficult to turn the wheels. The cap is trying come off and I have power steering fluid coming out from the top once i stop the truck.
Then i tried really hard to get the turn the wheels and all the sudden I got a clunk from the engine compartment. I look under there and the pully had come off of the pump.
I have tried this with similar results (without the pulley coming off) with a use pump, a rebuilt pump and another used pump.
any help?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts