This is how it starts
The junkyard parts I went with
A sag power steering pump out of a 89 econoline van with high pressure line (make sure to find a capwhen you grab this)
A York out of a 70's ford pick-up. It's the 210 model which originaly had a V-belt pulley on it.
(this is how the shaft on the 210 york looks like)
Here's the three main parts I was planning on installing. I went with a different cooler in the end when I saw how much easier it would be to mount it.
I had to remove the light and it's mounting tab to make room.
Then I mounted up the cooler making custom mounting tabs.
I then got a serp belt pulley for the york from Ryder for $95 shipped. It's sweet.
I then did the "oil mod" which is easy and keeps up to %90 less oil from escaping the york. You just put a screw in the little hole leading down to the back of the pulley.
I then mounted the sag (direct bolt up) and started making the mounting plate for the york. The first peice is 1/4" thick 6"X4-1/2" plate with the bolts being 10MX1.50 pitch and about an 1" long.
The second plate is a 1/2" plate 6"X7-1/2" peice with the bolts being a 3/8-16X3/4".
Leave room to get to the cap for the power steering
The elignment is very important. Front and back and in line with the other pullies.
A little extra bracing out of some scrap 1/4" plate
All the welds were done with flux core using the "anti-spatter" spray. This pic is with only a light wipe down. No real clean-up.
Paint it up black of course
And mount it all up once and for all with blue locktight
I then modified the power steering lines to allow me to have the cooler plumbed in and finished the job using tranny line and hose clamps
Finding a belt for the new serp set-up proved to be a challenge. Here's two helpfull tips.
1. Napa has the biggest variety of sizes
2. buy multiples and return which ones arn't right. It'll save you trips
The York doesn't allow me to use the stock air inlet lines to the throttle body so some modifacations had to be made
The stock air box is cool and all but the wife hooked me up with the K&N so I had to make some stuff for that as well
And making room for it, this mounting tab for the fuse box had to go. My fuses have been broken off and laying there for a while now so it was quick and painless
and I made the mounting bracket for the filter. This one I made out of some thin scrap but later re-made it out of 1/8" plate to make it stronger
The filler peice for the air intake came by way of some flexable exhaust tubing (2-1/8"). It worked really well
The on board air was already in place before hand using the stock A/C pump. It was ok but no york. The "manifold" had to be re-done. I made it up and made the bracket with the air intake off. Big mistake
That air switch had a built in unloader which I thought I needed. It ended up not fitting with the intake hoses in place so I used a smaller one I got off Ebay for $20 shipped.
I then worked the stock fittings from the york to accept my inlet filter
And my outlet going to the filter. I worked up a copper compression fitting for the unloader that I now won't be using. It really doesn't need it
Then just plumbed a line back to my original manifold going to the tank / rear line and to the front of the truck
Final conclusion.... The York is rediculous and insanely powerfull. The Sag makes me mad I didn't do it sooner and the K&N is much cooler looking than the stock air box in my opinion. I even replaced a bad coolant temp sensor while I was in there as well cleaned up a bit. I'm extremely happy with the outcome. I ended up going snow wheeling this weekend and at the end of the day, I ended up filling 17 tires before leaving. The york is absolutley impressive.