Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the saginaw van bracket and was looking at the saginaw power steering pump from a 2004 Chevy 2500, that seems others have used that did this conversion. It looks like the return tubes on the pump will hit the power steering pump/ac bracket. Did you have to cut them off and reposition. Can someone who has done this please give me some coaching. Is there a different pump that I should use?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the saginaw van bracket and was looking at the saginaw power steering pump from a 2004 Chevy 2500, that seems others have used that did this conversion. It looks like the return tubes on the pump will hit the power steering pump/ac bracket. Did you have to cut them off and reposition. Can someone who has done this please give me some coaching. Is there a different pump that I should use?
as a follow up to this, I want a dual return pump so was trying to avoid a T in the return line. Just trying to understand the fit of this pump with the Van bracket I have for a safinaw pump

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
This is the pump I used on a fox body 302, but same style van bracket. I can dig around in my receipts to see what it came out of.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,355 Posts
If you must cut them, get some hardline-to-AN adapters and run them. Not many vehicles came with a Type 1 sag and Hydroboost. Some astro vans maybe. You might look at a Type II sag with remote reservoir.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts