Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So this is where im at with my sag swap for my 93 351W... First off let me tell you that the only real junk yard around me is a rip off. Its not a pick and pull and you cant drive your car in the lot so i walked the entire grounds looking for an E series van for its pump.. after about a 20 mins i came up to a 92 Club Wagon Van (full size) great shape, everything in tact. my question is, would the pump off the club wagon be the same as an e series?

The other rediculous part is i asked them about it. They said they would take off the pump and bracket for $100 or i can do it myself for $75... Is it even worth it?

Also, i noticed talk about the pulley and belt.. Do i need the pulley off the Van as well if the pump is right? or if i were to buy i new pulley, which one would i need?

Thanks
Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey all,

So this is where im at with my sag swap for my 93 351W... First off let me tell you that the only real junk yard around me is a rip off. Its not a pick and pull and you cant drive your car in the lot so i walked the entire grounds looking for an E series van for its pump.. after about a 20 mins i came up to a 92 Club Wagon Van (full size) great shape, everything in tact. my question is, would the pump off the club wagon be the same as an e series?

The other rediculous part is i asked them about it. They said they would take off the pump and bracket for $100 or i can do it myself for $75... Is it even worth it?

Also, i noticed talk about the pulley and belt.. Do i need the pulley off the Van as well if the pump is right? or if i were to buy i new pulley, which one would i need?

Thanks
Tim
from what I have seen, you can buy the bracket from the dealer for about 50 bucks. figure a new pump will cost you about 60 or 70 bucks, plus core. and yes you will need the pulley from the saginaw, its a slightly different size. you will also need the high pressure line from one as well. Not sure if Club van will be the same as a E-series. maybe someone on here who has seen a bracket from one can tell you. for 75 bucks if you plan on using the old pump it might be worth it, but if I were you I would get a new pump, just grab the bracket and pulley from a junk yard if it will be cheaper.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone swapped from the bigger Club Wagon Vans? Everything looks the same.. but then again, i didnt take anything off yet

Tim

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got my 3G alternator so i was hoping to do the sag swap along with the alternator and figure out what size belt i need. I might just eat the $75 and hope its right.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Has anyone swapped from the bigger Club Wagon Vans? Everything looks the same.. but then again, i didnt take anything off yet

Tim
If the van is a similar year, and same engine to your bronco and the a/c compressors are the same you're good to go. You need the pulley, the pressure hose wont work.

·
Registered
820 Posts
from the van you need.....
1. bracket
2. pump
3. pulley
4. high pressure line

if it has different (bigger/smaller) a/c compressor bolts than your bronco you need those too

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
It being a club wagon makes no difference. A 351 is a 351 is a 351. That is the bracket you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts