Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any part numbers or ideas on how to get a pressure hose from the back of a saginaw pump to the top of the f350 hydroboost unit from a 96?

I ask because I swapped in the hydroboost unit about a year ago, and now I upgraded to a saginaw pump, but the fitting on the back of the pump is diffirent.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hydraulic shop for a custom hose or adapter. Does your reservoir have 2 returns and if so what is the reservoir off of?? I have been looking at this myself and havent found a setup that I know would work. I could TEE the return but have hear that is not the right way to do it.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like your pressure lines a lot more then mine. Something about the braided lines is real nice. Since you also used a hydrobooster off of a superduty (mine came from an excursion) you had to shorten the rod to the pedal? I made a secondary return line into my resivoir, really isn't that hard to do, just figure out where you want it, drill a hole in the resivoir, I flared the inside of my line (pump wasn't installed in the resivoir at this point and I had also sand blasted the resivoir inside and out) ran it through the hole with the flare on the inside and then brazed it into place. It works but doesn't look factory. I later found a 2004 silverado has the resivoir I wanted when I made mine.
http://www.drivewire.com/includes/s...sZWFrYWdlOyBObyBob3NlIGN1dHRpbmcgcmVxdWlyZWQu

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it is going to be a custome line then I think!
Gonna call around and see what I can come up with. I was just hoping that there was an over the counter option.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
I like your pressure lines a lot more then mine. Something about the braided lines is real nice. Since you also used a hydrobooster off of a superduty (mine came from an excursion) you had to shorten the rod to the pedal? I made a secondary return line into my resivoir, really isn't that hard to do, just figure out where you want it, drill a hole in the resivoir, I flared the inside of my line (pump wasn't installed in the resivoir at this point and I had also sand blasted the resivoir inside and out) ran it through the hole with the flare on the inside and then brazed it into place. It works but doesn't look factory. I later found a 2004 silverado has the resivoir I wanted when I made mine.
http://www.drivewire.com/includes/s...sZWFrYWdlOyBObyBob3NlIGN1dHRpbmcgcmVxdWlyZWQu
Rod was shorter on mine so I cut the brake pedal arm 1/2 way through and bent it to the right height off of the floor and welded it as there was nothing I cold do with the rod on a hydroboost.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The determining factor on mine was price, I got it for free. I was working on the excursion that had wrecked. The insurance company insisted that it be replaced but it was not bad.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
there is no line that is made by ford or anyone from the aftermarket to go from a ford hydroboost unit to a saginaw pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
16x1.5mm oring to -6an for saginaw, 11/16-18?tpi oring to -6an for hydrobooster. Make line using high pressure an fittings and hose. done.

Edit: I wasted my time looking for a stock line that would work, didn't find one

·
Registered
370 Posts
....I have no idea what is wrong with me but.... I found the gm power steering resivoir I wanted from the 2004 silverado, it has 2 return lines, one from the gear.... and the other from the hydroboost. So just a shot in the dark here but.... there has to be a pressure line from the pump to the booster. A quick google search ended me here with a Gates 365452... might work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts