Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doing a saginaw pump install and thought I'd show some pics and info I have found. I'll add to this tread when I actully do the install but for now here is a few pics of the pumps.

Pumps from front to back

1st one is off a 1989 ford van with a 5.0L
2nd one is off a 1989 Ford Van with a 5.8L
3rd one is off a 1993 Ford Van with a 5.8L

All brackets are the same except the 93 has smaller bolt holes/theads for the A/C.

The fitting is what fits the pump when running braided lines, I installed a Hydroboost in my 96 bronco from an F450, ok I'll include a pic of that as well. Anyway hte fitting is a 16MM O-ring AN6 this is the same fitting on the hydroboost but it takes 2 of them - one 16MM and the other 18MM.

DSC01892.jpg

DSC01894.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok here is the hydro boost install, sorry I only took pics after it was installed. One of the best mods I've done besides fabing the explorer rear disc brakes to fit my Bronco's rear 8.8.

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
What did the Saginaw and the hyroboost run ya? Did you get them from a junk yard? Which Siginaw did you use?

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought 3 hydro boosts off of ebay. they were new takeoffs and the pumps I got at the junk yard. Rather not say what I paid. :)

I haven't installed a pump yet maybe tonight, I'll be going with the 93 so my AC bolts right on with out drilling the holes bigger.

·
Registered
78 Posts
cool thanks, i was just curious on the price to just see what I was getting in to. If you change your mind and want to give me an idea you can always PM me. Ebay is a pretty good source for that stuff though?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
BoulderBronco said:
Not sure I have heard of hydor boost before. What is it?
uses power steering pressure instead of vaccumbooster to operate the brakes.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it is the dam lawn, two loads of topsoil and a load of crush rock showed 3 weeks befor I expected it. Figured i'd get some of this bronco stuff out of the way befor it landed, but oh no had to come early.

·
Registered
772 Posts
3 pumps? I still havent even been able to find one around here and i need one bad :banghead

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK I got off my ass and its done, only took a little over an hour and that includes making a braided line. This was a bolt on for me, even was able to reuse the belt.

OK 5.0L and 5.8L do take the same bracket. Anyway lots of picks for your view enjoyment DSC01910.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RLKBOB said:
How much of a difference did you actually see on your brakes going from vacuum to hydro boost?
It was like hitting a brick wall the first time I hit the brakes, wasn't going fast enough to skid the tires so I took all the punishment, and that was with a light touch on the pedal. It was such a big differance and improvement that it would be the first mod I'd do if I bought another bronco. I was never happy with the stock brakes.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bigeddie said:
Thanks for sharing the pics. They're always a huge help. You said the swap only took about an hour? That's cool! I guess since I don't have the hydro boost all I'll need to do is reconnect the power steering lines, right?
Thats right, but you"ll need to use the pressure hose from the van, the fitting on the pump is differant, but the one one the steering box is all the same.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts