Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 516 Posts

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So onto the bad.

- Going to need a new Radiator support and bushing from some rot.
- Needs complete exhaust system. Still has original everything and rusting out a few places also hanging on by one hanger.
-windshield has a 4" crack at the top
-mainly surface rust underneath
- tailgate rot at the bottom but everything works.
-The biggest thing is the CEL that comes on once it gets to normal operating temps.

I tried to pull codes today but only received a solid light no flashes.

I disconnected the battery for 5 mins, got it back up to normal temp, and tried again but just got a solid CEL. I might have to see if I can get a OBD1 that fits.

I really haven't had the time to check filters, plugs, etc but she runs great and I have been driving her all weekend.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
[/URL]

I disconnected the battery for 5 mins, got it back up to normal temp, and tried again but just got a solid CEL. I might have to see if I can get a OBD1 that fits.

I really haven't had the time to check filters, plugs, etc but she runs great and I have been driving her all weekend.
Why are you grounding that terminal? I've never grounded it, I just jumper the two on the harness.

I did some reading. You've hooked the self test ouput wire to ground, that's going to keep the CEL on. Only use that pin if you don't have a funtional CEL light. Just jumper the self test input to the signal return.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Ahhh your right I was doing the wrong test.

Looks like 11 and 33

33 EGR valve opening not detected.
Had that code for years, a hole had rubbed in the vacuum line.

·
Super Moderator
9,533 Posts
Is it better off than your old one? Lets hope it is! Are you going to try to match the back seat to the fronts or the fronts to the back seat or just leave it?

·
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it better off than your old one? Lets hope it is! Are you going to try to match the back seat to the fronts or the fronts to the back seat or just leave it?
Yea runs a lot better than the last.

No plans on changing the interior, it will not be a show truck just a play toy. Maybe down the road a 4" lift and 33/35s Just want to have fun with this one.

I learned from my last one I spent more time building than playing. It will be the other way around this time. :beer

·
Banned
38,732 Posts
I'm not as familiar with '87-91s as other years, but that truck seems odd... :rolleyes: It has Custom badges, clear camper glass, no rear defrost, no t/g trim panel, manual windows & locks, & the correct bedwalls; but it's a V8 2-tone with chrome grill, CRUISE, A/C, a floor console, nice mirrors, nice wheels, double tailpipe (is that factory?), lower bodyside mouldings, wheel arch mouldings, and a LOT of pinstriping (some of which I know isn't original). Is the trailer wiring factory?

..and yeah - you've got some tailgate on that rust! :thumbup

I see the A/C is converted - does it work?

·
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what did you end up doing with the last one? I dont remember its been so long. lol

I was tackeling a frying MAP sensor problem for too long and traded it for a 87 f150 which got sold shortly after.

I'm not as familiar with '87-91s as other years, but that truck seems odd... :rolleyes: It has Custom badges, clear camper glass, no rear defrost, no t/g trim panel, manual windows & locks, & the correct bedwalls; but it's a V8 2-tone with chrome grill, CRUISE, A/C, a floor console, nice mirrors, nice wheels, double tailpipe (is that factory?), lower bodyside mouldings, wheel arch mouldings, and a LOT of pinstriping (some of which I know isn't original). Is the trailer wiring factory?

..and yeah - you've got some tailgate on that rust! :thumbup

I see the A/C is converted - does it work?
It was a Bronco Basic customized to the City Fleet specs? :shrug

Came from Blacksburg City Fire Department. It has some upgrades: Radiator, alternator, lighting, trans and PS cooler, E4OD which I did not know they match with a 351W in 91.

A/C is converted and will freeze a Polar Bear out of the truck. :thumbup

·
Banned
38,732 Posts
The only city/fire residue I see on it is the gold stripe on the red. The red hand-painted pinstripes on the white are just out-of-place. But the tape stripe between the red & white, the mouldings, the mirrors, & the wheels are factory, and NOT things I'd expect a FD to special-order. It probably would have been cheaper to get those on an XLT than on a Custom. That's why it seems so odd to me. :scratchhe

BTW
Time to update your profile & signature.

...and how long are you guys gonna keep posting in that locked thread???

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice truck. If you have any issues with the front seats happy for you to just email me those that would be great (given NZ is a long way away). Hold the tailgate though as already have one just like it :thumbup. Look forward to seeing your work on this one mate.

·
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only city/fire residue I see on it is the gold stripe on the red. The red hand-painted pinstripes on the white are just out-of-place. But the tape stripe between the red & white, the mouldings, the mirrors, & the wheels are factory, and NOT things I'd expect a FD to special-order. It probably would have been cheaper to get those on an XLT than on a Custom. That's why it seems so odd to me. :scratchhe

BTW
Time to update your profile & signature.

...and how long are you guys gonna keep posting in that locked thread???
IDK what they wanted or thought 24 years ago but has the interior lighting, you can see the faint Blacksburg Fire on the pass door, I called the county they confirmed they had it till 2011 when it was retired.

I do need to come up with a new sig. I will get on that soon. :thumbup

Nice truck. If you have any issues with the front seats happy for you to just email me those that would be great (given NZ is a long way away). Hold the tailgate though as already have one just like it :thumbup. Look forward to seeing your work on this one mate.
Those seats are COMFY! I don't think they will ever leave this truck :thumbup

Thanks man!

1 - 20 of 516 Posts