Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is having a ton of random problems and is currently down and out. im off tomorrow and would like to see if anyone can help me figure out whats going on. im in La mesa if anyone wants to cruise by pm me and ill give you the address. id throw down some beers or somethin but i have about zero'd myself out trying to figure out whats going on. but im paid weekly and am always will to help out with anything you need or buy you a beer in payment for help. lol. :beer

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Well why you are waiting.. Post up the problems or a link to the posts with the problems..

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Ill post this in both threads you have to be sure you get it, but I would start looking at your vacuum lines see if any are chipped, or cracked or even straight broken. If so get some rubber fuel line and slip it all the way over the entire line and thats usually a good help to get you moving. I had rough idle, and threw codes like crazy til I fixed all my vacuum lines. It may not solve all your problems or any of them for that matter but it may fix all of them and its a cheap little upgrade to help ya out some.

You can call me tomorrow I will be at work but should be able to answer. Ill send you a PM with my number

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Vacuum lines won't cause those issues..

Without seeing it all in person, but they way you explained it all.. I'm going to pull something out of the air and say there is a possability you shorted out your ECU/PCM

I don't see how grounding the STI would do it, but who knows.. I'm way up here in Riverside but I have 2 ECU's you could try swapping out to see if it makes a difference..

Or you could sweet talk Marc into coming up here to help me out with my problems. and he can bring the ecu's back down with him.. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Theres a possibility I could do that. Is Sat gonna work for you Vic. I know the vacuum lines wont cause all of those problems but it could cause a few for sure.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Yes Sat will work.. I hate to cancel on my buddy but it's gotta be what it's gotta be..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you guys for all the help. I know it's short notice for needing help but I am off everyday at 5 so if anyone wants to cruise out another day I am open as well. Marc and Vic I am greatful for all the offers for help! if it's not an inconvenience to any of you the ecus would help a lot if my local junk yard got rid of their only running bronco.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
The Ecu's I have laying around are "extra's" They are ones I picked up here and there while I was looking for the one I use now..

But it's an odb1 351 ecu..

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
If it works for ya we can work something out.. I'm not looking to get rich off of anything and money isn't actually that tight.. So maybe I'll have to have a bbq and you have to provide the beer or steak...

We'll see..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
beer and steak sound good!! lol

updated problems in my other thread so i keep it in the tech section.
im confused. lol. im new to this figure out whats wrong on my own thing.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im not sure what's going on but I'm off at 5 tomorrow and I'm off all day on Sunday. if we get those ECUs and one works then I have an oil pan gasket that needs to be changed and prolly need new plugs so I'll prolly need plenty of help if you guys wanna help with little stuff. pm me if any of you wanna cruise by.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
We're working on my truck tomorrow.. Not sure when Marc will be back in his area...

Sunday I've got hockey in the morning and then a family dinner in the evening.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hows the truck going? im in no rust to get my truck fixed...i mean i would love to fix my truck asap but i am patient seeing as the favors you guys are willing to do for me and im not exactly THAT close to any of you guys lol. im free all day tomorrow and and off on tuesday and yup truck fixes are probably gonna be scheduled for both days haha. just pm me lmk whats up. i check this frequently.

-ian

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Truck is coming along nicely.. I finally have the 96 radiator mounted into the 69's engine bay.. Thanks Marc!

Marc left my place around 3:30 to head over to another member to pick up a toolbox. Then he was heading home. I saw I missed a call from him almost an hour ago.. (I was taking a nap) :brownbag

I'm sure he'll chime in about a time to meet up with ya.. He has the ECU that I was using for awhile.. He said something about heading over there tomorrow to check your stuff out..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts