Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may go look at a bronco with an SAS soon... Its an 88 with a M5OD that wont shift out of 5th but the shifter moves ( sounds like it broken inside ) and the 5.0L has a slight knock....

Was thinking if I could get it cheap enough I would swap all the SAS parts into my current bronco....

It will be like $1000 US for the truck.... maybe less bout doubt it... is it worth it? or can I get all the parts to do an SAS for cheaper than that?? D44 coil sprung....

thanks for the help!!!!
Bob

·
Registered
396 Posts
engine and trannys arent that expensive, take a look at the body and suspension, it could be worth it.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
If everything is done right it sounds like a good deal.

It has been done for $1000 or less but it's tough to stay in that range when doing the SAS.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He said he did it for $1500 canadian.... Dunno, the thought has crossed my mind.... Within a month or two the truck will only be for off road use anyhow... My wife and I will be getting a '97 ish 4Runner as a daily driver, parking her MR2 and I will use my truck for short drives and LOTS of wheeling....

What chould I be looking for, as far as done right????

here is a pic:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/544849438/1544858899084481818pGotYX

And:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/544849438/1544859466084481818BkWUnz

Thanks again for the help guys!!!

Bob

·
Bitchin.
1,871 Posts
good angles on everything for sure! you'll never be able to replace those rod ends though, and that sucks. ifits got a good gear ratio and a locker in it i'd say go for it. are those brackets welded on to the frame? or did he use bolts? you've also got a shackle flip setup for the rear too!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw the rods were welded... my TTB front already has 4.56s and an aussie locker... I will swap those into that housing... I am waiting to hear back from him....

thanks!
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts