Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

SAS DONE!!!!! Pics

7K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  sldaxl150 
#1 · (Edited)
Two days of vacation and $275 well spent. The steering and track bar came out real good with no noticable shakes or shimmies. Came out w/ about 8" of lift and drives like a dream. I haven't got to flex it out yet, it's only been done for about two hours...and I'm friggen sore and exhausted. I'm so stoked:rockon :rockon :rockon Driving in town the truck feels alot more responsive steering, overall just feels alot more solid. We pieced it together using my '85 stuff and two junk '78s, and made everything else. My buddy owns a racecar fab shop and helped me more than he had to, not to mention I tied up his lift for two days. I had a killer fabricator, plasma, mig, tig, lift, free reighn of two '78s to steal shit off of....Awesome time//////\Thanks Kevin at Copeland Racecars :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon
I just snapped a few pics, I need to clean up a few welds and clean up ALOT of grime before I get good pics, but here's a few:chili:

Yestersday morning on TTB for comparison:

See less See more
#9 ·
You were doin a SAS? I missed something.

Damn that was fast thou.

You gonna swap rear axles and lift it to match?

#10 ·
lightnin said:
Looks Awesome.

What did you do to correct the spring problem you had and I would like to see your trac bar setup.
Cut the other to match and made plates to mount them on. I'll get pics when it's light outside. Just got back from a drive, took it up to 80mph and all feels good. My ttb was responsible for alot of rattles too, all you here is boggers now.:thumbup I got some ttb lift brackets cheap if any one wants them?

#11 ·
magnumpi said:
You were doin a SAS? I missed something.

Damn that was fast thou.

You gonna swap rear axles and lift it to match?
The nine inch in the rear is plenty stout, the back already has an add a leaf and 3" rear block. It had a jacked up rake to it before the SAS, it sits almost level now.

#15 ·
You got my vote :rockon . One of these days I hope to get around to doing a SAS, probably when I do a complete restoration. Great pictures.

Good luck,

:thumbup

#17 ·
Foghorn said:
Thats gotta be record time for an SAS thread.... Most of them seem to last for months..... Congrats.. Looks great---Fog
I did mine in 3 days but it was in the driveway on my back. It would have went faster with a hoist. not to mntion I had to borrow a truck to drive 40miles each way every day to work on it. you know the people that have a plan when they get it one in just a couple days, the ones that take months are not thought out for the most part

#19 ·
i made sure all my shit was in....I ordered everythign months out and had it on the bench before i started. running out to get parts or waiting on stupid stuff sucks

#21 ·
Here's some more pics:
I retained the rough country 6" drop brackets moved back 9". I may change these out for stock brackets w/ 7 degree C bushings though.

Here's my track bar mount, it's the '78 mount cut way down.

Used ttb springs mounted on the '78 buckets. Used 1/4 wall square tubing for a little extra lift. I may change this too if I can get my new bff Lightnin to make me some of those bitchin spring to knuckle adapters:thumbup

Flipped the '78 trackbar upside down, and built a custom tie rod end/ draglink out of assorted bronco tie rod ends (one off a '67 bronco too) and DOM tubing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.