Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an old military tcase today. The old war torn truck had a top speed of 54 MPH with 5.83:1 gears and 16 X9 tires. not sure the tcase gear ratio being it's gear driven but does anyone know how I can figure the new gear ratio needed using the information aboove and 49" tires? Not sure if the tcase has anything to do with it. I thought the tire diameter and gear ratios decided this but I'm just wanting to be sure. If I'm right I can figure it myself, but just needing some extra support

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gee I always thought a 84 bronco was a bronco? Gee must be a different company that made a bronco. I guess we need to move all the other fourms in here that have members using aftermarket/used brand parts.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,671 Posts
Tcase has nothing to do with axle gear ratio. Post up what model tcase it is and we'll tell you what ratio the low-range is, if it even has one. The NP200, which came in alot of big military trucks, was 1:1 only, no 4 low.

·
Administrator
22,838 Posts
I picked up an old military tcase today. The old war torn truck had a top speed of 54 MPH with 5.83:1 gears and 16 X9 tires. not sure the tcase gear ratio being it's gear driven but does anyone know how I can figure the new gear ratio needed using the information aboove and 49" tires? Not sure if the tcase has anything to do with it. I thought the tire diameter and gear ratios decided this but I'm just wanting to be sure. If I'm right I can figure it myself, but just needing some extra support
Gee I always thought a 84 bronco was a bronco? Gee must be a different company that made a bronco. I guess we need to move all the other fourms in here that have members using aftermarket/used brand parts.
Ok? I dont see one word in your first post about an 84 bronco? so why would this have to do with and 84 bronco? you dont even have it listed under your user info.:duh

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Your off to a great start!

Go to www.pirate4x4.com they will treat you better and answer all your questions. Please post your questions in the Advanced Jeep Tech section. That is where all the smartest guys hang out waiting to answer complicated questions like yours. Sorry about these old guys here. Redwagon has a slight drinking on the job problem and dont get me started on Broncorob. He is a cavebat. He is only nice to people between 2 and 4:18am.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Your off to a great start!

Go to www.pirate4x4.com they will treat you better and answer all your questions. Please post your questions in the Advanced Jeep Tech section. That is where all the smartest guys hang out waiting to answer complicated questions like yours. Sorry about these old guys here. Redwagon has a slight drinking on the job problem and dont get me started on Broncorob. He is a cavebat. He is only nice to people between 2 and 4:18am.
HAHAHAAAA! Awesome!

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I think he broke PBB, it hasnt worked all day! :toothless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts