Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of doing a SAS on my '91. I want to do it as easy as possible i.e. an already built front axle. I believe my stock IFS is a dana 44. I need to know the easiest axle to put in, i keep seeing them for sale from a '77-'79 but i don't know if it will fit.:whiteflag what do you all think?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
you can't swap a solid axle, it's not possible.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yes a Dana 44 is what you have. If you want to swap a solid axle in you would want to find a 78-79 Ford Bronco or F-150 and get as much of the front end stuff as possible. You could swap in a Dana 60, but that depends on what you are going to do with it. If you can weld then it will make things easier, like making the brackets you need. Other than that it should be mostly bolt-on. Oh and just so you know there is a SAS section that would have tld you all of this if you just looked around the site a little.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
to me closing this thread and reading questions and concerns from people who actually did a search seems easiest.

If you don't know what your front axle is stock, i strongly suggest you educate yourself long before tying an SAS.

Think and read before you post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.