8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions befor I order.

-Which springs to buy? (I'm going 6")
a)superlift
b)skyjacker (leaning to these guys)
c)or other

-Radius arms, which ones?

Who to buy from? I'd like to get most of everything from one place, need spring buckets as well.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joes93Bronco said:
here we go again

And Is that such a problem? Like you have anything better to do.. :slap Either help me or spend time with the wife, you choose. :rofl:

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
the best help you can get is the SEARCH button.

search the SAS forum. all of the questions you have asked are answered in there already.

everybodys SAS thread list what they got, what size, what type, where it came from, fabbed or bought etc etc etc, and the reason they bought all that crap.

in short, theyve done their work, now its time to do yours. its gonna come down to what you want, how you wheel, what your budget is, etc etc etc.

research. you have only the answers to gain.

FSB is pretty much what i do. im laid up from an on the job injury. and i definetly dont want to talk to my wife.

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
and again i say that their preferences will have been stated in their respective threads.

i cant even begin to calculate how many have said "i bought this set of springs because...."

or "i went with this shock" or "this steering because"

a statement like that makes me believe that in fact you havent read much of anything.

have some respect for these guys. they have done a tremendous amount of hard work and put their knowledge and experience up here for everyone to share.

askin them to restate what theyve already said over and over again?

come on.

do your homework and then (as has been stated many times before) ask a specific question to clarify an issue you are having. dont just throw out general questions.

i have hundreds of pics saved, links to superford accounts, shopping lists, notebooks full of ideas, websites saved, subscriptions to every damn sas thread here.

my wife thinks i'm crazy.

ive done more "homework" here then i did in college :toothless

you can too. i believe you can do it. :goodfinge

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
I have to agree with joe this has been covered but for the sake of argument what do you have already then we can answer some of your questions. I went with deaver coils from what I have read and seen they are the best

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Look guys I've been reading this forum for some time now and planning for sometime, and most here are doing what someone else has done or used what ever they had on hand. Such and such used this spring so I went out and bought that spring, but is that any way to make a dession?

Why is the deaver coil the best? Cause you can cut it and modify it? How about its great for off roading cause of flex, but sucks on the road! (don't know if thats a true statement just made it up)

Looking for a concesses of what the best parts are, don't need info on how to do an sas, got that all figured out.

Think of it as more of a rating of the parts.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
bossind said:
Look guys I've been reading this forum for some time now and planning for sometime, and most here are doing what someone else has done or used what ever they had on hand. Such and such used this spring so I went out and bought that spring, but is that any way to make a dession?

Why is the deaver coil the best? Cause you can cut it and modify it? How about its great for off roading cause of flex, but sucks on the road! (don't know if thats a true statement just made it up)

Looking for a concesses of what the best parts are, don't need info on how to do an sas, got that all figured out.

Think of it as more of a rating of the parts.
Ok Deaver is A good spring on and off road. Everyone that I have seen use them has been happy. what I want to know it what are the parts that you have accumulated we can Kinda go from there Im just starting mine And I got the parts based on what I have read in these forums.

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 2 dana 44s one is a 1976 vintage and the other is a 1979. 4.09 gears with a locker. The rest I will buy new. Looking at cage radius arms, was thinking about skyjacker springs but you've now peaked my interest on the deaver so I'll have to do some more research on those. Going to buy new buckets and perches.

I have a 4" TTB lift now but will not reuse any of it, I have 33" tires but will more to 35s and I might upgrade to 4.56 gears later.

I have an 8.8 rear with disc brakes from an explorer that I machined to work, and over the march break I installed a hydroboost brake system from an f450 into my bronco, now I have great brakes!! So now I can move on with the sas.

Just trying to get it right the first time around, didn't want to run out and buy superlift and find out they are too rough on the road. Not building a rock climber here. Something for the trail and yet still has road manners. Not a daily driver either.

The other thing is I'm in canada so to keep it simple and cheaper on shipping I'm hopping to find someone that has all the good stuff under one roof, but unless there is someone I missed - this doesn't look possiable, for example BGY has the buckets, and the radius arms but they sell superlift springs. So the search is on for that all under one roof seller.

thanks.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
what everyone else is trying to say is that you're not going to get a straight answer about why someone went with one thing over another. me, i went with 9" superlift coils because i wanted lots of lift to clear 38's since i run mostly deep mud and water. i went with superlift because they were the first set i ran across and the price wasnt bad. its really all about what you want. if you do the research right, you will know what you wanna run and why. dont do what everyone else is doing. if your rig ends up looking like someone else's or built the same, so what. call it coincidence. just build your truck how you wanna build it.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I'll give you my opinion instead of being a "search Nazi"
I have Superlift 6.5" springs in my F150 (originally designed for a lift for a 79 F150/Bronco) and they are very stiff. They are probably the stiffest springs you can get. If you want a lot of flex, or a smoother ride, avoid these. If you like the truck to rock instead of flex, and you want something that you can drive fast on curvy roads without leaning way over, the Superlift springs are good springs.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Superlift ttb springs 6"
2 right side '78-'79 radius arms
Rough Country radius arm drop brackets
Rough Country drop pitman
'78-'79 track bar turned upside down
a bunch of dom and a little square tubing
two days, a lift, and five packs of ciggerettes

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
STUPID said:
The right side's already have a shock mount, besides that they're identical.
thats right...forgot about that. But the holes for the shockmount are already drilled in the arm and one can be bolted in place with two 3/8" bolts. All you have to do is go to a junkyard with a battery powered drill and drill the two rivets off to get the shock mount.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
MikE2 said:
thats right...forgot about that. But the holes for the shockmount are already drilled in the arm and one can be bolted in place with two 3/8" bolts. All you have to do is go to a junkyard with a battery powered drill and drill the two rivets off to get the shock mount.
The extra weight of the bolts over the rivets on the left would result in uneven harmonics through out the drivetrain and result in incurable death wobble and explosive diarrhea. So if your not into excessive and frequent evacuation of watery feces, usually indicating gastrointestinal distress or disorder, use two right hand '78-'79 radius arms. :toothless

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
STUPID said:
The extra weight of the bolts over the rivets on the left would result in uneven harmonics through out the drivetrain and result in incurable death wobble and explosive diarrhea. So if your not into excessive and frequent evacuation of watery feces, usually indicating gastrointestinal distress or disorder, use two right hand '78-'79 radius arms. :toothless
who says this guys STUPID?!?!?!

huh? huh?

he backs his $hit up with fawkin SCIENCE!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.