Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I am finally finishing my sas - I am working on just finishing items, the punch list.

The real leaf springs should I use a lock washer?
right now I have used flat washer - through eye - flat washer and lock nut (Nylon lock nut) - should I add a lock washer?

Also what should I torque the leaf eye bolts ?

What should I torque the rear axle "U" bolt nuts ?

thanks and yes it is about time I finish this project
:beer

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just was not sure where to put it - i am searching for the answers and will proably find them soon - no big deal

I have not found it yet - but is there a torque spec page somewhere in this form? it might be a nice reference for people...

·
Master Bater
7,268 Posts
probably not, but there should be some in a haynes manual. I want to say its like 150lbs

I make mine as tight as physically possible, with a cheater bar, no locknuts needed. skip the nylock, and get a grade 8 or better large ubolt specific bolt. leaf spring eye bolts should be snug, but loose enuf the bolt will still spin with a wrench on one end.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably not, but there should be some in a haynes manual. I want to say its like 150lbs

I make mine as tight as physically possible, with a cheater bar, no locknuts needed. skip the nylock, and get a grade 8 or better large ubolt specific bolt. leaf spring eye bolts should be snug, but loose enuf the bolt will still spin with a wrench on one end.

Thanks !
I do have the grade 8 U bolts and the specific bolts
The nylock - I am using them on the leaf spring eye bolts -

so thanks - sounds like I am probably good to go. one more thing done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts