Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all my ball joints are finished I broke a joint and I need other gears and I want lift

so a thought about doin a SAS with 78 bronco suspension
I want to remove everything from the TTB ans suspension with and install 78 suspension +3" lift coils with a D44 or D60

will I need to trim the cross member ???
I dont want to make the bronc "weaker"

if I absolutly need to cut it..waht is the minimal height to avoid that!!! 6" 8" lift!!

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
try a search here in this forum, Im sure this has been discussed before.

anyway I have 6" coils and do not have mine cut, it seems your scared of the height. just through in some 6" coils and call it good, its the perfect height for 35s. personaly I dont think you can do the swap with 3" unless you remove like all of your crossmember

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems your scared of the height
not of height...just lift laws

whereI am im only aloud to 4" lift and 33" or 5" and 31"
and cop are always in my ass...maybe the fact that I have no rear bumper does not help me..LOL

may be a should get 9"lift for 78-79 , get everything else from an old bronc and **** all the rest (cops and cross member )
:banghead ??????

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
screw lift laws...Im sure glad cops here in az dont care about them:toothless

·
Registered
481 Posts
I hear ya Blaze. I live in gainesville GA and there's a hall county sherrif f250 w/a six inch and 35's so i dont think they pay much attn to the lift laws.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a deal on f350 suspension monobeam..stock height that means 5,5 " higher than a bronc ......it's good

waht if I just fit the susp plus a straight axle under the bronc ???

I know it gonna be stiffer but I planned to put my 460 in it!!! ...maybe in 12months

what do u think about this

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
RedClayBronc said:
I hear ya Blaze. I live in gainesville GA and there's a hall county sherrif f250 w/a six inch and 35's so i dont think they pay much attn to the lift laws.
Yea I used to wheel with a guy on 48's...they never hassled him...:shrug

·
Registered
196 Posts
How about a link to these "lift laws"?

sounds like total BS to me

every commercial truck on the road would be illegal if 33's were biggest allowed

If I had a dollar for every person that made up these ridiculous 'lift law' stories I would be a wealthy man

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK 33" are not the biggest allowed

from 78 to 96 broncos max height allowed is 26,5 " (door to ground) stock height is 21,1 w/ 31 tires

so....21 +4" lift = 25 33's have 1" more rubber of each sides of the rims
..........25+ 1 = 25

28" max for f-150 std cab long bed 21,1 stock height
27,8 for f-150 std cab short bed
29 ................ super cab
30,1 f-250 std cab long bed 23 stock height
31,3 f-250 super cab
32.1 f-350 std cab long bed 24 stock height
32,2 f-350 super cab

.......yeah it sucks :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
196 Posts
must be the only Province that has restrictions like that.
any link to these regs?

·
Registered
196 Posts
that does not appear to be an official gov page

there is the same type BS floating around about BC as well, pimped in the 4x4 association newsletter
yet my truck has passed inspection and scutiny with 39" tires and headlights at 54"

I was just going through this page and found nothing prohibitive
http://publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=2&file=/C_24_2/C24_2_A.html

I think that is the official Highway Safety Code interpretation

everything I found regarding modifications was repealed

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
it has to do with the door height .. he is correct on all counts

there is a relation to roof height vs door height and all of that crap .. I say fuk'em till I get busted ... if you don't drive it like a ricer they won't fuk with you

start chewin shit up and racing around with open headersand you beg for trouble .. generally speaking if you drive the speed lmit and don't tailgate they won't bother you

they'd love my American ass out here if I got pulled over by one of those seperatists ... me not being able to speak french and all :goodfinge

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ehh ..my truck is straight headers but Im always 10 under the limit or exactly at the limit.....it depends of my RPM (gas milleage)...LOL

and you'll never see a quebec flag on my truck..im not proud of my roots, the history of french canadians
I'll only raise the US flag..hehe

the only good reason for me to get rid of the rest of canada is to get along with the USA...something like puerto-rico.......its only dreams

1 - 20 of 26 Posts