Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
i think satin would be good because if you go gloss with it, it will look diffrent than the body, but also looked like you tried to match it, but with the satin it would make it look like you were trying to off set it from the body, just my $.02
hope that made sence

·
Registered
995 Posts
Definately Satin IMO gloss would look a little off.....

·
Premium Member
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Satin it is. Your right i don't think gloss wound look right unless it was painted the same as the rest of the truck.

I plan on doing this weekend,depending on the weather. I will take before and after pics and it will also be the first time the top will be off. :thumbup

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
If you truck was a woman I'd ask it out on a date and pay.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Gloss wil look like shit because on big flat surfaces like that you can not get it on even enoufgh with a spray can to make it look good. The gloss will show every imperfection in the paint. I'd probably start with flat black, and if its too dull go with satin.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
If you take the time to smooth out the top, gloss...If not, satin.
:stupid

Satin will look great without much work, make sure you use a good cleaner to get out all the oils and dirt from the fiberglass. The top's finish is a little pouris and it absorbs oils, I know you can get prepsol from a body shop supply but i'm sure you can find something at home depot you can use. I smoothened my top when we did the bodywork and I never want to think about doing it ever again. It took hours and hours with a DA and long block to get it nice and smooth.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
I'm interested to see how it turns out. My top has faded slightly in the past few years, and I have been debating on repainting it as well. Also, by looking at your truck, I'm thinking I really want to go with a black grill and headlight trim.

·
Premium Member
9,994 Posts
I like the way the BKO looks in the #1 picture with the the contrast of the hard top and all black grill, VERY VERY CLEAN nice job ~ :thumbup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts