Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt work on my truck one bit, but here is what we did do. We worked from 11 am to about 11 PM from long block, non painted form to needs a carb installed and motor mounts.

I worked on that oil pan for like 2 1/2 hours! I stripped most of the paint off with aircraft stripper then 80 grit removed a measurable amount of rust.

since there isnt much diff between these pics, normally I wouldnt have put it up, but I wanted to show off my idea for blocking off the ports for painting. I used cheap exhaust gaskets.
after 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of color

Mocked up header to check spark plug clearances. I felt so cool asking for parts from a 66 Mustang with a 289!!

Such a sense of accomplishment!

Had to put this one up!!

and last but not least spent forever trying to mock this up and see if it would work. GM 1 wire alt, 8" turnbuckle a 6" 5/16 bolt and a 3/4" spacer thats X # of inches long.

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
lookin good. i'm sure it'll look even better once it's installed. :beer

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thats true. I believe we pulled that engine out in May of last 02 so its been well over a year!

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No not my Bronco already been there done that

But this...

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blueoval78 said:
is that red or orange paint.

looks killer though
Funny I had the same prob with mine looking orange when it was red, Engine enamel has to be baked on for its true color

That is no brand attachment Orange.

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went to the junkyard looking through an 8ft bed full of pulleys trying to find one that was almost the same as my broncos for the car. Bought a whole bunch of stuff in trade for my rent this month. Also while I was at the yard I looked under the hood of a van and found this.

Been looking for a resivior with motor but didnt include coolant for about a year now (ok - 8 months deployed)

we are getting rid of power steering on the car. 4 and 6 cyls came with a quick ratio non power 2:1 and this one has like a 3.5:1 power and about 550 lbs of V8.

had to add that little bracket that I think came from my Caprice to stabilize the alt better.

the spacers and engine ground stud... if anyone didnt know where it was.

Casting # of engine we took out, so the car is on its 3rd rebuild.

cost about 100 bucks for this fuel line set up, looks darn good!!

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 3 of us who made it happen are proud of her!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts