Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the site got 85 from bud saved it from the crusher. It sat for about 2 years before I got it. My bud got it f rom some guy and was going to part it out or use the frame on it he rolled his 86 and the frame was twisted on it. Went with him to get it we both had to see if she would run. Check over everthing before we tried it change the oil in it. simple stuff like that. Found that the starter was bad replaced the starter and was feeding it clean fuel this sucker started. Not only did it start but started and didnt miss or knock and had great oil pressure but carb had crapped out wouldnt idle right. Check and found the f uel tank wasnt rusted to death or rotted fill it with fuel and proceeded to try her out. Was happy the trans shifted and 4x4 was working then we proceeded to get it stuck the first time. It needed tires and a locker badly. This thing ran like a mule. It has a 351w C6 trans and 9 inch in back.

Got body damage on the right side but theres no rot or bodno anywhere on the body of this just one small spot by the drip rail is starting to bubble. Plus had the normal tailgate issues has the small rust spots on the bottom of it. Looks ugly as sin now but the body is in really good shape.

The wiring was night mare too the turn signals didnt work seen what some fool did under the dash and to the trailer lights in the rear wonder what drugs they were doing. This guys idea pait job too was to spray it three color camo using black and two shades of primer grey. Then he fitted the most nasty looking set small bucket seats that dont bolt up at all in it. Top it all off this guy painted the engine yellow and all the accesories and brackets ford blue talk about ugly.

So far its gotten complete tune up, the carb replaced, new set of TSL Boggers and Detroit locker in the rear. Had to do the tires the funky pro comps on it were rotten and didnt hold air anymore. Having to put air in the tires everytime you want to move something is a PITA.

A recent pic of it.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Welcome to FSB ~ :thumbup

It's always a good day when a BKO is saved to live again, rising out of the ashes like the Phoenix!

Post some pictures after you wash that beast...lol lol...I happen to like the mid 80's square body style.

DIY wrenching sources :
Haynes Repair Manual ~ ASAP, its the Bible here
FSB ~ "search" above yields tons of thread and pics for How To from all of us here first hand
www.broncolinks.com ~ an abundance of tech info
www.fordfuelinjection.com ~ FREE fault code numbers, code explanations and Test Connector location for self test diagnosis thru vehicle computer -
www.supermotors.net ~ joins FREE, sister site for tons more stuff

:beer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If its not dirty its broke plus think it looks better dirty trust me on that. Like the mid 80s look too even before I got this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts