Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 95 full size bronco. It has a 6 inch lift and warn front hubs. Today on my way to work I took a route I had not taken before and part of it was an on ramp onto a bridge. This ramp begins with a right hand turn then immediately turns to an uphill declining radius left turn with a fair amount of bank. About halfway through the declining radius left hander the front end began to pull some weird shit on me. It felt like the front end was wobbling back and forth like I had a tire off the rim then as soon as I exited the turn everything was cool again. When I got to my work parking lot I turned hard to the left ( same direction as the on ramp) and did several perfect turns with no sign of the problem. I also checked to make sure both the warn hubs were in the free position which they were. I was carrying a pretty good yet in no way excessive amount of speed going up the on ramp. Is the speed my problem or is there some strange 4x4 physics going on?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,071 Posts
To me it sounds like you might have worn out radius arm bushings and or rusted out radius arm brackets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the drop brackets for the front beams.I had an f150 with a 4 inch lift and the brackets were lose where they bolted to the cross member and it did the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts