Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped in my 92' bronco E40d and put it in reverse, and I felt it ingage but when I hit the gas it felt like the brake was on. It did the same thing in drive. It was binding up some where. So I had my buddy shift through the gears and everything looked good. So he hit the gas pretty hard, and it made a loud snap sound in the tranny, and it broke loose, and drives now. I haven't driven it more that 100ft. because that was a scary sound. Does anyone have any idea what that was, and how much life do I have left? 129,000 miles on it, by the way.

·
Nvr Been Bnnd
8,675,444 Posts
did it sit a long time? sometimes mine makes scary sounds like that but i figure its the drum brakes on the rear rusting from sitting a few days. and i can hear some noise coming from the rear when i stop a few blocks from the house. it goes away after a few miles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes sense. It has been sitting for about a week and it just got done raining for a few days. But I swear that loud pop sound came from the tranny cuase I was laying down by the truck when I heard it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts