Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A beer and a gun
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Crystal and I are fixing up a standup metal Coke cooler for Swatchie's wife (by the way--Disney Mickey's Pants Red is just like Coke red). Since painting isn't really my thing, I don't have a sprayer and we're brushing it on. We've got about 8 coats on it and there are some faint brush strokes still in the paint. What's the trick to eliminating that? I was thinking of putting on a few more coats then sanding with ~400 grit, but like I said, painting isn't really my thing. What do I need to do?

·
President, Mels fan club.
6,902 Posts
So Crystal and I are fixing up a standup metal Coke cooler for Swatchie's wife (by the way--Disney Mickey's Pants Red is just like Coke red). Since painting isn't really my thing, I don't have a sprayer and we're brushing it on. We've got about 8 coats on it and there are some faint brush strokes still in the paint. What's the trick to eliminating that? I was thinking of putting on a few more coats then sanding with ~400 grit, but like I said, painting isn't really my thing. What do I need to do?
Did you put any kind of primer on it first?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
I know nothing about brushing...My logic says you could wet sand it out, but as I said I'm no expert with a brush...Hell, I'm no expert at anything..:brownbag

·
6,902 Posts
Im thinking it wasnt clean, and didnt use primer? Also, the paint you got, is it for metal?

·
6,902 Posts
Forget my other posts, I read that all wrong:doh0715: Not sure what I was thinking? Me:twakMe

If you can hardly too the brush strokes, then wet sand it with 1000-1500 sandpaper then buff it out. Make sure you have a block or something flat to put the sandpaper on, or it will take the shape of your fingers. Wet sand lighty so you only take off the brush strokes. A really good trick it to sand it in an X pattern. Your eyes see from side to side and up and down, so by sanding in an X you wont see any flaws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts