1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
Whoa....freaky....

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Kinda cool, but I was hoping you had a cool "mythbusters trick." One of the coolest things I have ever seen was when a Community college proffesor mixed Iron Oxide with Aluminum (I think that was it but not entirely sure). Did it in a cambels soup can and it burned through a 1/2 inch plate of steel in NO TIME. Then into a 55 gallon barrel of sand which it also heated to a glassy like substance. That was really cool

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
That is scary.

vt89gtvert, I am very sure you got that wrong. The slag from burning steel with a torch is basically iron oxide and I have had that in concact with aluminum with no ill results.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
Still a long way to go. They still need to be able to construct the cell with all it's components before implanting the nucleus; then it's a completely artificial life form.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
Kinda cool, but I was hoping you had a cool "mythbusters trick." One of the coolest things I have ever seen was when a Community college proffesor mixed Iron Oxide with Aluminum (I think that was it but not entirely sure). Did it in a cambels soup can and it burned through a 1/2 inch plate of steel in NO TIME. Then into a 55 gallon barrel of sand which it also heated to a glassy like substance. That was really cool
Black Iron Oxide and Aluminum, both in dried powdered form, with a glycerin additive and some other trace amount additives.

and you have to do a couple other things in order for it to actually work.

It probably ripped right through the Campbell's can and slowed down for the steel.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
hooray for Armageddon

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,488 Posts
was it thurmite?
Yes - what they are describing is thermite. Thermite is simply iron oxide (rust) and aluminum shavings. Combine these two and ignite them with some magnesium and you will create a substance so hot it will burn through most things before you know it - including fire-proof blocks...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes - what they are describing is thermite. Thermite is simply iron oxide (rust) and aluminum shavings. Combine these two and ignite them with some magnesium and you will create a substance so hot it will burn through most things before you know it - including fire-proof blocks...
COOL! They should make halloween costumes, tents, couches, drapes, and winter hats out of that stuff! :rockon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts