Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I hauled a few cars from the shop to the scrap yard and I knew one of the trucks which is an old tow has a car 460 in it but all the brackets, mounts and oil pan are correct for the 80 and up chassis so I told them I would take it.

Then I was talking with a guy named Ray at the yard and he said the motor home next to the tow truck has a 66K mile 460 in it. I said I would take it as well.

There has been an 87 F250 4X4 sitting a few yards away from the two mentioned above that I just never got around to looking at until then and it has a 460 with a C6 in it. I just figured it would have a 351W in it, not a 460. It has a full floating 10.25 trac loc axle, code C9, 3.55 limited slip.

The 87 4X4 has high back tan cloth bucket seats and there are not torn at all. The foam is a little weak on the drivers side but I may have them redone for my 78. I would like to get them redone in black leather, if possible. It also has a nice center console which I will sell/trade as I plan on building my own center console anyways.

The sad part is if no one buys this stuff they will just crush it all.

So now I have a total of five 460 motors. Three are all set ups from trucks and two from cars. Three are known to be running motors and one was suppose to be rebulit and the last one I would have to say is a core motor.

I have no need for all of them but I know some time in the near furture they will be hard to get.

If I find a complete EFI 460 I may just install it in the 78 project. Not sure on that one yet.

All in all I would say it was a good day at the scrap yard.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
How much you want for the one out of the RV? Good find man

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imlikeojnow said:
How much you want for the one out of the RV? Good find man

Not sure what I woudld want for it. I am going to try and fire it up before I pull it to make sure all is well. It has the factory carb and all still on it. I will get back to you when I get it pulled but bare with me as it will be a week or so. I still have a few things I need to pack and ship for other people.

Even if I sold it would you pick it up or want it shipped? It's an 80 something RV.

One of the other 460's I have only has 66K miles and it was pulled from a truck as well. A buddy gave this one to me and it still sits at his house in his garage. free motor and free storage. Can't beat that.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
RTM said:
Not sure what I woudld want for it. I am going to try and fire it up before I pull it to make sure all is well. It has the factory carb and all still on it. I will get back to you when I get it pulled but bare with me as it will be a week or so. I still have a few things I need to pack and ship for other people.

Even if I sold it would you pick it up or want it shipped? It's an 80 something RV.

One of the other 460's I have only has 66K miles and it was pulled from a truck as well. A buddy gave this one to me and it still sits at his house in his garage. free motor and free storage. Can't beat that.
i would need it shipped. but i am looking for one that is Fuel injected. sweet score none the less.

ken

·
Registered
952 Posts
lucky bastard!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No EFI motors. I missed the only one they had a few months back. I missed a Saturday and missed out on the EFI 460.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts