Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just layed down a $50 check to score this baby minus the lights, grill gaurd and light bar.

-GM crate 350 with about 50-60K $1500 in performance parts on the top end (MSD pro billet, intake, carb, headers, dual flowmasters)
-Rebuilt 700R4 3 years ago that cost $1400, huge thermatically controlled trans cooler
10 bolts, NP 208

2 1/2" lift
32x11.5 Mall terrains (about 7K on them) that are going on my bronco (worth the $50 right there) and then swapped with the free chrome rock crawlers and 33 12.5 MT's I got from my neighbor.

Things to fix:
#1. Rear drive shaft, snapped slip yoke ear off
#2. Pass Side Ball joint
#3. Steering Column/ wheel slop... he-man was its second to last owner
#4. A couple of rust holes

It will go on sale for $2,500 between fixing #'s 2 and 3 and the guy can talk me down $$ to fix the steering column

·
Reverend Trick Playa
993 Posts
A BLAZER.........BE GONE BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!

JK......looks cool and don't matter if it turns out to be crap b/c look what you paid for it! Love the big SUV's....hate the 2-door factor (you know xactlee what I mean to fellow new dad);)

·
Registered
525 Posts
i have to agree on the two door factor with a little girl of my own.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Saweeeeet! When I was still in the Navy my hobby was buying cars at auctions, driving them for a few months and then selling them for at least twice what I paid for them. Obviously it had to be the right car and the right deal but they're there, just gotta know what to look for. You definitely can't go wrong with this deal. :thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Why sell it? use it as a beater or a back up vehicle, if you got the room.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
waltman said:

Why keep a Blazer around when you can sell it at a nice profit and use the money to fix up the Bronco, or do stupid things like pay bills?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
RLKBOB said:
Why keep a Blazer around when you can sell it at a nice profit and use the money to fix up the Bronco, or do stupid things like pay bills?
Damn good point

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
nothing wrong with that blazer as a backup but if you want to make money to pay bills you should get 2000 easily. assuming to fix it non-driving problems.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dawg Bones said:
A BLAZER.........BE GONE BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!

JK......looks cool and don't matter if it turns out to be crap b/c look what you paid for it! Love the big SUV's....hate the 2-door factor (you know xactlee what I mean to fellow new dad);)
Yup, my son has only sat on my lap in the driveway in my bronco, mostly because of the fact that I have no back seat in mine, and I just dont need to drive him around in it, I got a Taurus for a DD.

This will actually be my 3rd blazer, first one I sold for the same as I bought it for after using it for over a year, 2nd I got for free, rolling chassis only, sold for $175 and this one hopefully will be the $$ maker.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cody said:
nothing wrong with that blazer as a backup but if you want to make money to pay bills you should get 2000 easily. assuming to fix it non-driving problems.
Ya it will probably cost about 300 bucks to fix the first 2 on the list, my friend who built it sold it to my neighbor with the busted ball joint who sold it to the guy who broke the driveshaft (just driving)

waltman said:
Dont have the room, cant afford insurance, gas, maintenance, registration, would definatly keep it if it was a pickup truck though.

bigbroncojeff said:
you didn't have to buy it where it sits... as in still stuck in the mud did you??
No that was taken over a year ago, it was in a parking lot next to a dumpster, tommorrow I am gonna drive it to my storage lot, about a mile away and store it there till I can fix it all.

RLKBOB said:
My plans are to take tax return $$ that i get, put it into fixing this thing, then when it sells take the amount that takes out of the sale price put it in my pocket, then keep 40% for me and the remaining 60 to savings, good solid plan I think.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had a girl in my ALS class that got back more then she paid (or so she said)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good luck selling it, who wants a Blazer:goodfinge :goodfinge

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,075 Posts
Nice...you could probably make some decent $$$ if you had the time to part it out.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
yeah child tax credit is a grand dude.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
all that profit :shocked nice score :thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
stepchild88 said:
all that profit :shocked nice score :thumbup
well I hope, even if I let it go for 800 I will still make about $500 and have some decent tires on my truck.

LaNeR88 said:
Good luck selling it, who wants a Blazer:goodfinge :goodfinge
Ya all big vehicles are tough to sell now-adays.

jermil01 said:
Nice...you could probably make some decent $$$ if you had the time to part it out.
Well I thought about selling the motor and trans for 800 (a major steal but who has the cash to fork over more all at once) to a guy with a 1/2 ton pickup, then having him give me his motor and trans and selling it, but thats a lot of work.

imlikeojnow said:
yeah child tax credit is a grand dude.
Well thats nice:thumbup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts