Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was lookin thru the classifieds at corral.net last night and found an ad for a 351 roller shortblock with <10k for 250. I immediatly sent the guy a message, talked to him today....and brought it home this evening :thumbup

For $250 i got:
351w roller shortblock with oil pain, timing cover, <10k. Virtually no ringing on the cylinder walls. .030 over (gonna have the machine shop check it out thou, just in case, all i need is the block, using it for a stroker build)
all the brackets and pullies for a serpt. setup (something my 85 didn't come with)
an external oil cooler
saginaw pump and brakect
3g alternator
COMPLETE uncut 351w EFI harness(for a future mod :toothless )

I must admit that i was EXTREMELY lucky to find everything for so cheap, five miles from my house :)

Pics Tomorra

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Dang, thats unbelievable.:thumbup

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Nice score..... :thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnski said:
Nice find Josh. Wherebouts you stumble on it?
The guy lived right inside of belmont(almost on hwy 74), literaly 10 mins. up the road from my house. I found the add in the classifieds of corral.net forums. Good place to find any 302/351w parts.

oh, i got pics, but its time for class...will have to wait till about 10 tonight

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, i got pics of my loot....

My baby, 351 roller block, .030 over

Yup, F4TE, shes a bonified roller block

Surprise Score! I thought this was a 3G alternator(a 95amp one) But after looking at the pictures on fireguy's site (fordfuelinjection.com) im pretty sure its a 130amp one. Maybe he can confirm this.

Saginaw pump with bracket

Supposedly an EFI harness Its bulky, im not sure if its the actual EFI harness or not. Can someone give me some specific connectors to look for to tell if it is or not?

Theres a few other little odds and ends, rest of the stuff to put together the serp. system, and some kind of oil filter attachment...rest of pic here:
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=6264&s=31432#content

I was unbelievably lucky :chili:

oh and the block is going to the machine shop sat. to get cleaned up and checked out, new freeze plugs and cam bearings, and honed. Possibly taken to .040 over, but i don't think it will need to be. Crank and rods are gettin balanced too. Everything is starting to come together....i can't wait
:chili: :chili: :chili:

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little update....

Dave(Dave's Bronc 90) and I tore down the engine in his garage thrus night. Bearings looked like they just came out of the box. The pan and block was sludgy as hell thou. Looked like the assembly lube was still in the motor. Dave's got some pics of it he should get up soon

I took the block to the machine shop saturday and dropped it off. The guy there, Brad, helped me figure out what pistons and head gaskets i needed to get and showed me the formulas for figuring everything out. Im about to order the pistons, rings, bearings, and a new balancer. Drop that off and in a few weeks i should have it all back and waiting for more parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts