Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got hooked up with a flowmaster :)

Flowmaster is located just down the street from my house..... really !

Flowmaster Inc
100 Stony Point Rd.
Suite 125
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
USA

So today I strolled down there to check it out, and I ran into my younger brothers neighbor who is the gen manager there.

Well... he said he could get me a Flowmaster for free, but... they its gonna be a reject... I thought " hell... im a poor ass student I'll take it".
I got a 40 Series !! *Loudest one*

When I got home I checked it out.. and it's in working order !!!
It was a reject because on the inside of the inlet is a small *tube* that runs the gases from chamber one to chamber two... they are held on with 4 to 5 really big spot welds... not fully welded.

SHIT that will hold just fine !!!!

So tomarrow I will throw the 40 series on my BKO and injoy the NOISE !:rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Let us know how it is, I found the 40 series did not increase noise much at all, considering the 2 cats in the system.

The best sound I've found is no muffler at all, just the 2 cats.

I have the 40 series behind the 2 cats behind the 460 and its not noticeable.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I have a series 40 and no cats...and it is not very loud. It is where I want it. Not obnoxiously loud but has a good rumble to it, and you can hear it when you really hit the gas.

As a buddy of mine said (he has an Early Bronco with true dual 40s) "Mine is loud...your's should like it would rip your balls off."

Have fun with the Flowmaster!

·
Registered
84 Posts
i like my 40 series.. nice low deep rumble and sounds real good when i stomp the go pedal..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep... got it installed this morning... it's not as loud as I thought it would be..:cry acually its pretty quiet.. O well... it will have to do untill I do a Header, x-pipe, and dual flows.

Update :

I took off the tailpipe ( from the muffler back ) and now she rummbles !! Sounds soooo much better !!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
not bad
I got 2 40's for free, used but a lil clean up and they look like new, plus they had dumps on em:D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a single cat with a Dynomax race bullet. Best sound ever. Sounds like my speedboat. Idle is real pronounced along with acceleration but 75mph hwy speeds, you can barely hear it over the wind noise. I wouldn't change it for the world.

·
Registered
621 Posts
would changing cats make a whole lot of difference. i put a set of gibson headers and they're 3 1/2 inch cat back system. and the only way to tell the difference between it and my old mans 92 with a fm muffle is if you stick your head by the tail pipe.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had a 3 inch 40 Series on my 351 BKO. I cut out the second cat and make a removable section of pipe to run open exhaust through the one cat. I never had any issues with emissions and it would shake the windows in the house :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have no mufflers, no cats, an x-pipe and turn downs. Sounds sweet.

·
Back in TEXAS
1,966 Posts
bikecrazy said:
in cal i its a $5,000 fine for not having cats on a smog veh.:cry
Voice of experience????????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts