Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!! That is one sweet ride.

Hey, I got a little tid bit of info that I bet not many of you know. If a tank is traveling down the road at 40 MPH, how fast is the track traveling?































































If it is on the top, it is traveling at 40 MPH, if it is on the bottom, it is traveling at 0 MPH...think about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,018 Posts
waltman said:
If a tank is traveling down the road at 40 MPH, how fast is the track traveling?

If it is on the top, it is traveling at 40 MPH, if it is on the bottom, it is traveling at 0 MPH...think about it.
:twak NO.....bad!:twak
The speed of the top of the track will be twice of the vehicle speed. The average speed of the rotating mass must be the same as the vehicle speed.
Come on man, that's day one stuff.:toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Thats a sweet rig...but ill take the money i'd spend on that, and put it towards my BKO. and IDC wtf the speed of the track is lol
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
Potamus said:
:twak NO.....bad!:twak
The speed of the top of the track will be twice of the vehicle speed. The average speed of the rotating mass must be the same as the vehicle speed.
Come on man, that's day one stuff.:toothless
How do you figure???????????
The top of the track is moving exactly the same speed as the tank. I think you should spend less time multiplying and dividing letters and spend a little more time with actual numbers. Either that or get a refund on your tuition.
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
waltman said:
How do you figure???????????
The top of the track is moving exactly the same speed as the tank. I think you should spend less time multiplying and dividing letters and spend a little more time with actual numbers. Either that or get a refund on your tuition.
With the Tank @40mph, the botom track is not moving in relation the the ground. The top track would be moving at 80mph in relation to the ground. (40mph to the tank)

If the top track was moving @ 40mph, (The same speed as the tank) then its movement relitive to the tank would be 0mph.

There for, for the tank to be movin @ 40mph, and the top track moving @ 40mph (0 relitive to the tank), you would be draging the bottom track, @ 40mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
waltman said:
How do you figure???????????
The top of the track is moving exactly the same speed as the tank. I think you should spend less time multiplying and dividing letters and spend a little more time with actual numbers. Either that or get a refund on your tuition.
Apparently, you didn't spend anything on tuition.:goodfinge

Potamus
:stupid


Just giving ya some $hit.
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
x = x0 + v0Δt + ½ aΔt2 (1) v = v0 + aΔt (2)
x − x0 = v0Δt + ½ aΔt2 ← Δt = v − v0

a
x − x0 = v0 ( v − v0 ) + 1 a ( v − v0 )2

a 2 a
x − x0 = vv0 − v02 + v2 − 2vv0 + v02

a 2a
2a(x − x0) = (2vv0 − 2v02) + (v2 − 2vv0 + v02)
2a(x − x0) = v2 − v02
v2 = v02 + 2a(x − x0) (3)
Here is the formula.
If you still don't believe me than look at the video again
 

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
Joined
·
6,012 Posts
Gacknar said:
With the Tank @40mph, the botom track is not moving in relation the the ground. The top track would be moving at 80mph in relation to the ground. (40mph to the tank)

If the top track was moving @ 40mph, (The same speed as the tank) then its movement relitive to the tank would be 0mph.

There for, for the tank to be movin @ 40mph, and the top track moving @ 40mph (0 relitive to the tank), you would be draging the bottom track, @ 40mph
:stupid top of track moves 80 bottom is stopped....just takes a little bit of mechanical apptitude... and less durrrr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Top speed + bottom speed of track / 2 = 80/2 = 40 MPH vehicle speed


Think of it this way, the track moving forward is going 40MPH (+40)faster than the vehicle, while the track moving "backwards" is going 40MPH (-40) slower.




Edit: That equation didn't format so well.
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
waltman said:
If you still don't believe me than look at the video again
I looked at the video again.

Guess what?

I'm right, your wrong.

Learn from me, don't hate the playa, hate the game!:toothless
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
bigbroncojeff said:
was better than waltman's equation:toothless
:histerica :histerica

I just picked that formula out of a hat while trying to find a websight that explained it one way or another. I figured it would throw some of you off while I looked up a sight, but I've had no luck. I watched a program on this years ago...
I'm going to do my best to back up what I said.

If the tank is moving at 40 MPH, relative to the ground along a straight line than the track which is rolling parralel to the ground has to be going the same speed along the straight line. I've tried to wrap my mind around this 80 MPH and I can't do it.

How about this. Let's say there are 400 treads on a track, while tread # 1 is on the ground, tread #200( for sake of arguement is exactly opposite tread #1) is moving 40 MPH relative to that sataionary track.
Just as the tank is moving past a fixed point on the ground at 40 MPH, so is track #200 moving past a fixed point (track #1) at the same speed.
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
So than what you guys are saying is that if the tank is travelling 5'/second the top track is travelling at 10'/second. 5' of track covers 5' of ground at the same speed as the tank.
I'm right you are all wrong.
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
waltman said:
I'm right you are all wrong.
Keep dreaming.

If the top track moved the same speed as the tank the bottom track would to.

Becouse the track would be stopped.

Any time a tracked vehichle moves the top of the track moves in that direction 2x as fast.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top