Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 88 Bronco XLT with 351W. It is my plow truck, but the body is really bad. I have located a body from an 89 that grew up in the rust free south. I am going to transplant my 351/C6 combo into it. I am also, as long as the engine will be out, going to make some upgrades. Since I would like some freedom to choose a bigger cam, I am strongly considering maf conversion. I have read many a thread and here is what I am thinking...please correct me as you see fit.

I want a mustang a9p computer (5.0 AT car). I will need a new harness for the injectors(will probably buy one from someone like fireguy) I will also need a new intake tube and MAF meter and air cleaner box. I have a line on a MAF F150 that has that tube and a compatible air box and MAF meter. Will the F150 5.0 MAF meter work with the mustang computer? They are both calibrated for 19lb injectors, right?

In addition, I have located a set of GT40 heads from a Mercury Mountaineer which I need to complete removing. $150 for the set, I take them off, seem like a good price? Probably will go with a clean and rebuild, but no porting or polishing, I will wait on that until I decide to build a stroker...Anyone have an idea of compression with those heads on stock block? If I need to, I might shave them a bit, like .025". Would like compression like 9.5 or 10 to one...

I already have headers, custom y pipe, and a single Cherry Bomb for exhaust. As I said it is a plow truck, so I want bottom end grunt. Not interested in a drag racer, but need a stump puller.

Can anyone recommend a good cam for bottom end torque? It's a non-roller block.

I assume my injectors from the SD 351W will work in the MAF system, right?

With a cam, less restrictive exhaust and GT40 heads, (stock intake for now) where can I expect to be for torque? I would love to see 400+lb/ft with this setup, think that is do-able?

Thanks, Bratcop

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone got any input???

Any input from anyone. Am I making some big mistakes here? Let's flex the collective bronco brain here, I need the help...

Bratcop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts