Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Burlington, IA, and we have a few minimum maintained roads and a few other spots.
Me and my friends are looking for new areas around here, anyone have some good areas to go trailriding/mudding at?

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i've posted on here about the same thing, i'm in the Quad cities(davenport) and haven't found anything, i would love to wheel with you guys once i get my bronco down here, just looking for somewhere, anywhere, to do it

·
2,708 Posts
i think we're looking for places localy to wheel, or places we don't have to be members to wheel. thanks though

·
2,708 Posts
yeah, i don't blame you. i hope we can find some spots around here to wheel, really want to get some off road work on the bronco

·
Registered
401 Posts
I live in Burlington, IA, and we have a few minimum maintained roads and a few other spots.
Me and my friends are looking for new areas around here, anyone have some good areas to go trailriding/mudding at?

I don't really know myself but you better get a hold of me because I live in FORT MADISON and want to know myself.

Good to see another SE Iowa boy on here.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
im not too far away from sterling/ rock falls area, i would like to know also.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I do know there is Rockport down by Hannibal MO, but a friend of mine said that the trails are kind of small for big rigs.

He said little rigs like Jeeps and Yotas do well though

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rockport WAS in Rockport Ill. Hannibal Rocks is in Hannibal Mo.

Rockport was around first, then the owners bought the place in Hannibal and sold the Rockport facility and it is no longer a wheeling place.

The trails at Hannibal are pretty tight in places. Wasn't much for trail there either when I went, but I heard they are expanding on the trails.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122471

check that out. if anyone around Burlington wants to come wheel sometime me and my friends will definitely show you around some of our good spots

some random places we go around here is;
Sullivan Slough (about 4 different trails that are pretty fun)
"King Kong" Trails (pics above, its in the center of town, basically my back yard)
"Beer Can Alley" its a Low Maintainence road north of town
155th is a low maintainence road north of town also
theres another long maintainence road that connects from Hwy 99 to Tama Rd
70th which is pretty hardcore due to massive side ruts and is usually super messy

Anyhow its a good time, and well worth a tank of gas

·
Registered
166 Posts
That looks like fun; might have to make the trip.

·
2,708 Posts
i'd really like to find a spot to wheel my 78 once it makes it down here this fall, i really want to do some winter wheeling too

·
Registered
401 Posts
My 78 is almost running, still have to break in the engine before I do anything too hard on it

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got a buddy in Prophetstown that has a small hole where he sells some peat dirt out of it, and he has a muddin' party every so often. Depending on how wet it is, it can pretty tough. I'll have to give him a call sometime soon and see if he still has people come out.

Otherwise I'd definitely be in for whatever anyone has. I can either bring the 79 or trailer the Bronco II there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just picked up my new (to me) 33"s last night so hopefully I'll have them on tonight and prowling the gravel roads for some mud :D

Let me know if you guys come up with anything for a spot. Now that I've got some nice tires all I have to do is fix my exhaust and I'm down to drive wherever. Wherever meaning not so far that I need to fill up twice lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts