Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came from Napa and they will be selling Seafoam next week some time.
Parts Plus might be selling it as well.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Carquest has been selling it in the Maritimes for about a year now.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Yep Carquest was where I had to pay 13 ? dollars CDN for it.

Maybe NAPA won't charge so dang much (thanks for the tip Waltman)

It's enough to make me want to pick it up in Ogdensburg New York next time I cross the border. Gotta go over soon and pick up a pile of stuff that just ain't available up here.

That VHT vinyl interior paint for one thing. $3.00 a can in the states, unavaialble up here because Purolator is having a hissing fit about transporting it across the border ! Canadian Tire and my regular jobber both told me this.

Remember those white Levis shirts from the 70s ? The ones with the little orange Levi's tab at the side of one of the poppered pockets ? Sears and Levis Canada say they're NLA.

The Sears catalogue store in Ogdensburg will order me in as many as I can carry ! What's more, supplying 3X long is not a problem, again unlike the Canadian Sears

I'll tell you it's nice being 30 miles North of the border and only 20 South of Quebec. The beer strike of 86 didn't faze me at all !!!!!!

I'm thinking seriously of feeding the Seafoam in through the intake vacuum fitting, with the truck running, just before I step into the license bureau for my plate renewal on the Bronco.

It's 20 and emission exempt this year, so imagine their horror as it covers the entire parking lot with white smoke as I pickup my plates !

If there's one of those urban commuter yuppies looking on in horror I'll just say "yep it smokes a little but that ain't nuthin' compared to what it leaks, hic, hic, hic":thumbup

In the country town where the bureau is you can park 25 feet from the glass doors. I figure if I park it with the tailpipe pointing inwards it should fill the parking lot completely with smoke.

I'll complete the scene by doing a snoopy dance all the way out the door with my plates singing "exempt at last, thank god almighty, Hallelujah" !

That ought to pi$$ off a NIMBY or five !:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW, you got me to shudder there for a minute...I remember that strike, I believe I was 19 at the time :doh0715:
wouldn't you know it, legal drinking age and there is a strike, plus it was summer...camping weather.

:histerica :histerica :histerica I would love to see you, or anybody for thar matter, drive intp aircare with all that smoke pouring out the back from that seafoam. If by some chance you do decide to do that, please video tape it and send me a copy.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
waltman said:
EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW, you got me to shudder there for a minute...I remember that strike, I believe I was 19 at the time :doh0715:
wouldn't you know it, legal drinking age and there is a strike, plus it was summer...camping weather.

:histerica :histerica :histerica I would love to see you, or anybody for thar matter, drive intp aircare with all that smoke pouring out the back from that seafoam. If by some chance you do decide to do that, please video tape it and send me a copy.
Damn I'm tempted to do it !:histerica

I wouldn't be able to resist seeing the looks on those yuppy's horrified faces !

Last time I seafoamed I did it in the backyard, with no wind, and it filled the entire yard. I couldn't see 10 feet ahead. The neighbour was looking more than a little bit concerned.

That reminds me I've gotta drop some of that Wynns fuel injector cleaner in the Lincoln tomorrow.

Gonna pick up a coolant temp sensor for the Bronco too. She's not starting without quick start, though she runs fine once warm. Apparently that's classic dead coolant temp sensor.

Sixlitre

p.s./
The road trip stories I could tell ya about that 6 week beer strike could still get me arrested !

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sixlitre said:
p.s./
The road trip stories I could tell ya about that 6 week beer strike could still get me arrested !
Yeah, I remember that beer strike.
When they said a strike was imminent:paper: , my friends all said it couldn't last too long.
..............The fools :twak
Anyway, I ended up spending my whole paycheck on Molson EX. (at that time it bought about 15 cases)
It wasn't to long before they were all dry:cry and I took my rightfull place as their master. :notworthy :whip : MWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAA!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
jimsl78 said:
Yeah, I remember that beer strike.
When they said a strike was imminent:paper: , my friends all said it couldn't last too long.
..............The fools :twak
Anyway, I ended up spending my whole paycheck on Molson EX. (at that time it bought about 15 cases)
It wasn't to long before they were all dry:cry and I took my rightfull place as their master. :notworthy :whip : MWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAA!
I'm not sure if it's safe to admit it even now. I bootlegged a couple of cases I brought back from Quebec to a couple of good old boys down in Hastings county and bankrolled my entire beer run into the states. If the strike had lasted a few more weeks I was set to do it again.

That was when I started drinking that fire brewed Stroughs ? from the liquor store, which wasn't on strike, 33 oz bottles !!!!!!!!!

Got a dirty look from a striker next door to the liquor store (they're often side by side in Ontario), as I was loading 12 after 12 into the truck. I swear I nearly took his head off. He skedadeled back behind the line pretty f#@&ing quick !

Holding a man's beer ransom ! There ought to be a law !~

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sixlitre said:
I'm not sure if it's safe to admit it even now. I bootlegged a couple of cases I brought back from Quebec to a couple of good old boys down in Hastings county and bankrolled my entire beer run into the states. If the strike had lasted a few more weeks I was set to do it again.

That was when I started drinking that fire brewed Stroughs ? from the liquor store, which wasn't on strike, 33 oz bottles !!!!!!!!!

Got a dirty look from a striker next door to the liquor store (they're often side by side in Ontario), as I was loading 12 after 12 into the truck. I swear I nearly took his head off. He skedadeled back behind the line pretty f#@&ing quick !

Holding a man's beer ransom ! There ought to be a law !~

Sixlitre
Uhmm, almost 20 years...I think you are safe Six. :thumbup

Yeah, when there is a beer strike, you start to appreciate American water...I mean beer.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
waltman said:
Uhmm, almost 20 years...I think you are safe Six. :thumbup

Yeah, when there is a beer strike, you start to appreciate American water...I mean beer.
I know other nations make fun of their beer (Monty Python's Eric Idle said "it's rather like making love in a canoe, it's [email protected]%&ing close to water"), but it's pretty tasty beer just the same. You just have to slurp some alcohol in between six packs to get a buzz.

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just picked up a can of seafoam from Napa and I'm going to try it on my 55 buick. I'm going to ask my neighbour first, if he is having any company over in the next little while so as to give him some warning.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
waltman said:
I just picked up a can of seafoam from Napa and I'm going to try it on my 55 buick. I'm going to ask my neighbour first, if he is having any company over in the next little while so as to give him some warning.
Good idea Waltman

Maybe tell him it's a special anti-mosquito fogging you're giving the neighbourhood:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
our company deals with napa for all of our parts so i can get it at cost

giggity i'm excited now. oh man the calls my landlady is gonna get now tee hee

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow Kitty, I didn't realize you were so close.
Anyways, I put 1/3 in the tank, 1/3 in the crank case/ and finally 1/3 down the carb. Instead of following directions (wait 5 minutes) I went and cut the grass in the front yard first. When I started it up, it hardly smoked. :cry I was actually dissapointed.
On the seafoam thread, the impression I got was wait longer, is better, but since my car smoked more before I shut her down, I'm thinking that if I had waited the 5 minutes like suggested on the can, all the carbon build-up would have still been there (in the intake manifold) and in liquid form, ready to be sucked out. But instead, the seafoam evaporated and the build-up is now in the bottom passages of my intake.

That is my beer induced deduction at this time. I am going to head out to XS Cargo now and see if I can't spend some money. Later :rockon :beer :beer

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
hey waltman thanks for the advice, i may pm you when it comes time for me to do it just to make sure that i'm clear on what i'm doing ;)

and ya i actually grew up in the west kootenays. i've only been in alberta for bout 7ish yrs

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
waltman said:
Wow Kitty, I didn't realize you were so close.
Anyways, I put 1/3 in the tank, 1/3 in the crank case/ and finally 1/3 down the carb. Instead of following directions (wait 5 minutes) I went and cut the grass in the front yard first. When I started it up, it hardly smoked. :cry I was actually dissapointed.
On the seafoam thread, the impression I got was wait longer, is better, but since my car smoked more before I shut her down, I'm thinking that if I had waited the 5 minutes like suggested on the can, all the carbon build-up would have still been there (in the intake manifold) and in liquid form, ready to be sucked out. But instead, the seafoam evaporated and the build-up is now in the bottom passages of my intake.

That is my beer induced deduction at this time. I am going to head out to XS Cargo now and see if I can't spend some money. Later :rockon :beer :beer

Put the whole can in through the intake and let it kill the engine and sit for an hour or three. THEN fire it up, you'll get your smoke show then let me tell you.

Ain't those prices at XS Cargo something ? My basement's filling up with all the crap I buy there.

Sixlitre

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't make it to XS, instead I went to Princess Auto to buy some fittings and a couple of tools for work.

I gotta say though, about my Buick. It does seem a little more peppy...could be wishful thinking but I think not.

Kitty, I'm pretty new to this seafoam, I'm not sre I would be the best choice for fielding questions about it.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
waltman said:
I didn't make it to XS, instead I went to Princess Auto to buy some fittings and a couple of tools for work.

I gotta say though, about my Buick. It does seem a little more peppy...could be wishful thinking but I think not.

Kitty, I'm pretty new to this seafoam, I'm not sre I would be the best choice for fielding questions about it.
Some of the guys on the Lincoln forum (my other 5.0 litre)

say that Seafoam doesn't work. I think they're wrong, but everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess.

Sixlitre

1 - 17 of 17 Posts