Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
no ford trucks
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard about this stuff and decided to give it a shot in my 01 F-150. It has been pinging a little bit and was sluggish even after the tune up I did. I changed the oil (motorcraft 20/50) and cleaned the K&N. I added this stuff to the tank, and the next day drove it about 5 miles and then the truck surged, and shortly the "service engine soon" light came on, but after that surge it was like night and day. It runs smoother, accelerates better, and I have noticed that at 70mph it runs just under 2k rpm. It is the 4.2 V6. The code that came up was egr flow insuffucient. I reset the code and it runs great. I figure the surge was the junk that burned off and freaked out the egr sensor. So I would recommend this if your fuel injectors are gummed up.

·
no ford trucks
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My local advance auto parts had it on the shelf for like 5.00. I saw it used in garages before to run thru the fuel injector cleaning machine but not on the shelf at the auto parts store.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I found it Oreilly auto and Napa. I've heard of guys using it in your oil, thru you vaccuum system, down your intake, and in the gas tank. I've used it in the gas tank only myself and that stuff works gooood.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
just a word of warning. If you gonna use it thru the vacum system your neighbors will call the fire department. It works great that way, really got my 89 cleaned up and running smoother, but it smokes like all get out... My neighbors called 911, said they figured I'd lit the garage on fire again :brownbag .........Fog

·
Super Moderator
14,908 Posts
:histerica :histerica .good one Fog...I saw the seafoam at Advantage the other day and almost picked up a bottle, so let me get this straight, you can put it in your gas tank, or in your oil??

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
alright i'll check it out...and if the neighbors didnt call the cops when i hit a shotgun primer *a reloading one..not in a shell* with a hammer inbetween my house and hte nighbors on concrete..my ears rang for 2 days, bad idea, i dont think they'll call about my vehicle smoking :) it was a gunshot basically, so i dont think i have anything to wry about

·
Registered
522 Posts
joebob ...i ran it ...works good but you still need to clean that IAC

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
haha yea yea i know, i didnt get around to it the other day, if it doesnt rain today i will, it took me a couple hours to take apart my intake and completely clean it out..used 2 cans of brake cleaner lol

whoever had it rebuilt/replaced a couple years ago didnt swap out intake for new, so it still had blow-by in it, so there was oil and just CRAP in my intake past my filter..there was oil and stuff flaking off inside tubes, just stuck on crap everywhere..had to scrub and scrub everywhere, got it pretty damn clean though..just took me a while :)

i'll get the IAC, if it stops raining..it started sprinkling earlier..i'll wait for it to pass

i plan on doing my valve cover gaskets today too

also..the problem is gone now from the surging and stuff..i disconected the battery and cleaned my intake na dstuff..put allt he sensors and stuff back on..and started it up..ran kinda funny for the first 10 miles..felt like it was searching for some shift points and air mixture..but then it got it

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
looking at the instructions i can stick the amount in my oil..and the amount in my fuel*once i fill my tank up* and i can use the whole can for both? is that what u guys have doen or what

·
no ford trucks
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, my egr is shot. But the truck runs takes off so smooth and the idle is perfect. the check engine light is on again and I figure since the tolerance of that sensor is so narrow that any little thing will set it off. The egr is easy to get to and replace and it is ony 50, so that will be my project this weekend since this damn rain wont let up. It is June in Georgia and the rain wont quit. The people here said it always rains in Seattle where I am from. We get more rain here than in Seattle.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
JoeBob1901 said:
looking at the instructions i can stick the amount in my oil..and the amount in my fuel*once i fill my tank up* and i can use the whole can for both? is that what u guys have doen or what
I ran it in in my 91 5.0L 1/2 can through a vacuum line, 1/2 can in the oil and a full can into the gas. Had noticable improvement after running it.

Foghorn said:
said they figured I'd lit the garage on fire again :brownbag
AGAIN?!?!

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
PaulT said:
AGAIN?!?!

Yep, had a little accident with the dryer about a year or so before that happened....I was drying a large "capture net" and it jammed up the dryer, it over-heated and burned up.... Very smoky.....Fog

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Pull the line going to the brake booster, fire up the truck, stick a small funnel in the line and slowly pour in the seafoam. Don't dump too much in at once, it'll stall the motor.
When you're close to the 1/2 can, dump the last couple ounces in so the motor does stall. wait 15-20 min, fire it up and watch the neighbors panic over the smoke

1 - 20 of 211 Posts