Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well while i was at the auto store tonight, i seen a can of seafoam for the tranmission.:shocked
is this new? it said for tranmissions, gear boxes, power steering, and other stuff.
it was next to the regular seafoam stuff.
i dont think i will be running it through my third E4OD, but if anyone wants to be a ginny pig and try it let me know how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,123 Posts
I dont remember that seafoam thread having anything about the transmission seafoam though b&b.

I dunno hipropos, I'm incredibly hesistant to put things into my engine other then oil and gas. Same for the transmission. I was really hesistant to put a bottle of lucas transmission fix into the E4OD, in hopes of getting a few more thousand miles out of her. She drives fine, but there is a little bit of slip when its cold, and goes away no more then a minute or two later. Just did it yesterday, so I guess I'll see how it goes when I fire her up today. But there was a slightly growing noticeable improvement in the shifts when I was driving it around yesterday.

It was only recently that I started putting a little tiny bit of seafoam into my crankcase to slowly clean up and break up the junk in my engine when I change my oil, because I'm still kinda worried about it leaking or burning when I switch over to synthetic.

But three oil changes so far, and it hasn't started leaking, and on the last oil change, I put the full recommended amount in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
broncos&bombs said:

i read the whole thread (again) this is the only quote from it, it was on page 6.

madmav74 said:
I've been Using sea-foam for at least 15 yrs, I've used it in everything from my drag car to my motorcycle, my trucks, even my lawn mower, I've found it works really good in the oil, I usally put in 1/2 a can about a week before I change oil on it, then once changed dump the other 1/2 in and leave it go till its due for the next oil change, I usally use it about every fourth oil change.
It works great as a fuel stabilizer(ex Sta-bil) in seasonal items like lawn mowers,motorcycles,jet skis..etc just dump in a few ounces in the gas tank and run for a few min. before you park it for the season.

I've also used Sea-foam TRANS-TUNE another great product , You can leave it in the trans, I usally use the same procedure as I stated for the oil changes except I only do it to the trans about once a yr. I had an 81 mustang, that was not shifting from 2nd into drive right, felt like it was slipping,I stopped by Napa bought a can, dumped in 1/2 and before I made it home(about 12miles) it was shifting like new again.
posted by MADMAY74.

ok so its not a new seafoam but, has anyone tried it in a E40d. If you have a E4Od there ether bullit proff, or there crap. there is no happy medum. its like the people at the production plant would have hangovers somedays when putting them together. ALOT! ive owned 2 broncos and 3 different E4OD's.
 

·
green ones make me horny
Joined
·
11,154 Posts
yes and it stopped my late shifts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
i think sea foam is the greates 5 bucks i have ever spent!!! suck it in through a vaccuum line put it in the gas tank in the oil... is doesnt matter. i put a towel up on my fence when i ran it through and it completely covered the towel totally black! its better its on the towel than still gumming up my engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
domcren12 said:
i think sea foam is the greates 5 bucks i have ever spent!!! suck it in through a vaccuum line put it in the gas tank in the oil... is doesnt matter. i put a towel up on my fence when i ran it through and it completely covered the towel totally black! its better its on the towel than still gumming up my engine.
i hear its good with chicken also.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/transTune.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
It stopped the late shifts in my e4od too. I could tell a difference after driving around for only five minutes.
 

·
Dead Horse
Joined
·
5,935 Posts
do you have to change the tranny fluid after u seafoam it?
 

·
Roller rockers are gay
Joined
·
19,197 Posts
jb77714 said:
do you have to change the tranny fluid after u seafoam it?
Originally Posted by madmav74
I've been Using sea-foam for at least 15 yrs, I've used it in everything from my drag car to my motorcycle, my trucks, even my lawn mower, I've found it works really good in the oil, I usally put in 1/2 a can about a week before I change oil on it, then once changed dump the other 1/2 in and leave it go till its due for the next oil change, I usally use it about every fourth oil change.
It works great as a fuel stabilizer(ex Sta-bil) in seasonal items like lawn mowers,motorcycles,jet skis..etc just dump in a few ounces in the gas tank and run for a few min. before you park it for the season.

I've also used Sea-foam TRANS-TUNE another great product , You can leave it in the trans, I usally use the same procedure as I stated for the oil changes except I only do it to the trans about once a yr. I had an 81 mustang, that was not shifting from 2nd into drive right, felt like it was slipping,I stopped by Napa bought a can, dumped in 1/2 and before I made it home(about 12miles) it was shifting like new again.
:goodfinge
 

·
Roller rockers are gay
Joined
·
19,197 Posts
jb77714 said:
damn you lol
thanks for pointing that out, im a noob:brownbag
jb.............................OWN3D!!!! :goodfinge

:toothless
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top