Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First it's an 85, 5.0. I've just replaced the brake booster, master cylinder, and a pouring out the side brake caliper. No brake lights, replaced brake light switch and yes bled the brakes. ( bench bled the mc too.) Checked for blown fuse and it's ok. What did I do wrong?:banghead, I've tried moving the brake switch around, nothing. Pedal is good. And yes I've searched for two days, never knew how much b.s. there is in these threads to hide any info.( major f***kin' head ache from the reads, but some were kinda funny.) Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get it fixed before a run on sunday. Thanks

·
my bko ate my money
2,326 Posts
try a jumper wire were the switch is. see if they work then you know if its the switch check your fuses, dont know of anything else that would be wrong, besides blown fuse, switch, or lights, unless you suddenly got a short after changin the mc and stop swt(unlikely)

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
:scratchhe So the brakes are physically working to stop the truck, but the only problem now is the brake lights, right?

·
my bko ate my money
2,326 Posts
thats what it sounds like, only three things that could of gone bad

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,747 Posts
If that's the trouble, voltage testing would be the fastest way to troubleshoot; better yet, use a test light. Verify there's battery voltage to the brakelight switch on the pedal first, then go back to the tail light sockets and verify that voltage is there when the brake pedal is pressed. That last part can be tricky since a bad ground might or might not be revealed, depending on where the test light is grounded.

EDIT: I must have a 'nice bug' up my ass. I violated one of my personal rules, i.e. I never post in threads with "I searched" in either the thread title or the first or second sentences. GaaaaaGHGJHGSDKFHSDEWFSD!!!! Off to bed...

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Not sure if this could be related but the other day I noticed that the 3 wires that slip into the sensor coupler on the master cylinder were very loose, to the point where I can pull them out very easily by hand. I'm not sure yet what these wires do since I'm in the middle of some other projects but I'm sure one of the experts here may know what I'm refering to.........

RB

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found it, took your advice started checking for voltage, found none, traced wires found that one had pulled apart somehow. a wire connector and lights!:rockon And thanks Sig for not being a meanie.( I have read some of your contributions on other threads and they can be quite color full:histerica.) But again thanks to all for the help, now off to mountains in search of something new to break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts