Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am trying to strip the carpet out of the interior of my 94 F-150 EXT cab. I got the passenger seat out no problem and my center console. I can't break any of the 4 bolts on the driver's seat loose. I have tried a breaker bar with a piece of pipe and an air ratchet. I have soaked all of my bolts with PB blaster numerous times. The 4 nuts on the back seat are turning to dust and i can't break them either. What is the best way to break any of these 8 bolts loose? I really need to get them out so i can paint with Rust Bullet. The rust is getting unbearable to me!

Along with those 8 bolts i can't break the driver side seat belt loose either. I bent one torx today trying.

-Curtis-

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok i rung the heads off the two front 15mm bolts. Now i have to worry about getting the nuts off the studs in the back of the bracket.

-Curtis-

·
Registered
616 Posts
If it doesn't break loose, the stud will unscrew from the floor with the nut intact............or you'll snap the stud and get more practice using a drill and an ez-out:thumbup

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah if all 4 get rung off ill replace with stainless bolts and nuts. The back nuts are worrying me. Im going to try heating them! But i have to wait till friday afternoon to fool with the rear bolts cause if they break i need to be able to drive to school everyday.

Should i try using a right hand drill bit and try screwing them through or should i go right to the easy out on the 2 that have snapped?

-Curtis-

·
Registered
616 Posts
But i have to wait till friday afternoon to fool with the rear bolts cause if they break i need to be able to drive to school everyday.
Not too safe driving with no front bolts to hold the driver's seat:smilie_slap...pull out from a stop a little too hard and you're in the back seat

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i know, i am going to have to be careful thats for sure!

-Curtis-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.