Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
First time posting here. I have a 91 with a 351W E4OD. I have been sitting on it for a while and finally am about to have the engine rebuilt. I'm also doing some other upgrades, one of which is new driver and passenger seats. I bought the seats and new brackets from ProCar. While waiting for them to arrive, I've decided to pull everything out and apply a bedliner, then thermal/acoustic insulation, followed by a new MIP floor from LMC Truck.

Here's my current issue. I got 3 of 4 bolts out of the passenger bracket. The last one (back left) seems to be bolted on the underside, but when I look under the truck, I can't see where it is. I measured from center to center and when I take it below, all I see is panels, which i took off to reveal...no bolt!

Any help would be greatly appreciate. I will post pics this evening when I get home from work.

Thanks,
Alec

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,340 Posts
My Bronco familiarity is limited to '92+, but I've never seen a vehicle whose seats weren't bolted from the top, with threads in the floor pan. I would have made a more exhaustive search up top before disassembling stuff below... It's gotta be there in some way, shape, or form. Can't even hazard a guess at what's going on without seeing pictures, though.

·
Super Moderator
25,386 Posts
Yo Alec,
Welcome to our site!

Bucket Seat Mounting Points:
"The unused bolt holes have rubber plugs, and are not threaded. Threads are cut by the bolts as they are initially installed." by Steve
&

Here is the 1990 F Series/Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive (similar to your 91) @ https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BzRTW4yeT2u4UkhzR0ZydDd3MzA?usp=sharing&tid=0BzRTW4yeT2u4NXB6NW5neFRoZGc
This has much info applicable to your 91.
Slow scrolling for my slow Comcast Highest Cost Blast Internet..
Find page # of item desired in contents, then flip screen flip down like spinning a bearing then stopping periodically to see what page you are on.

Please fill out your 91's info with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click User CP
Edit Your Details,
Scroll down to "Bronco" Info

Forum faqs @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/21-noobie-bronco-tech-questions-flame-free-zone/165569-common-replies-faqs.html
... includes for example;
How to use search (Advanced) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/19-suggestions-feedback-site-help/62157-how-use-search-advanced.html
&
Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/21-noobie-bronco-tech-questions-flame-free-zone/131287-baba-looeys-favorite-fsb-links-lots-lots-tech-links.html
&
How to Post Pics @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/19-suggestions-feedback-site-help/6204-how-post-pictures.html ...The crew here likes pics!!!
etc.

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

➡ Please find time to participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/
Contests will be held in JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, JULY & SEPTEMBER. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes⚠ They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.).
Al

Reactions: NYFSB

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
91 has the threaded places through the floor. however those are bad to get mangled and easy to knock out. I used bolts on the bottom of mine to replace a few. my truck had no rust in the floors however two of these broke out for some reason. im guessing your stud is just spinning like mine was.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yo Alec,
Welcome to our site!

Bucket Seat Mounting Points:
"The unused bolt holes have rubber plugs, and are not threaded. Threads are cut by the bolts as they are initially installed." by Steve
&

Here is the 1990 F Series/Bronco Pre-Delivery Shop & Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (EVTM), Partial by member Kingfish999 in Google Drive (similar to your 91) @ 1990 Ford Truck service manuals - Google Drive
This has much info applicable to your 91.
Slow scrolling for my slow Comcast Highest Cost Blast Internet..
Find page # of item desired in contents, then flip screen flip down like spinning a bearing then stopping periodically to see what page you are on.

Please fill out your 91's info with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.
Click User CP
Edit Your Details,
Scroll down to "Bronco" Info

Forum faqs @ Common Replies to FAQs
... includes for example;
How to use search (Advanced) @ How to use search (Advanced)
&
Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) @ Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of...
&
How to Post Pics @ How to POST PICTURES ...The crew here likes pics!!!
etc.

Free registration for some wiring diagrams (86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96), same as by Ford @ BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products and Turbochargers | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams

➡ Please find time to participate and VOTE in our Full-Size of the Month (F.O.T.M.) & Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.) Contests @ F.O.T.M Voting
Contests will be held in JANUARY, MARCH, MAY, JULY & SEPTEMBER. Each month in-between will be used for nominating contestants to run in the following Month.
You will get ideas by those competing. Also see the prizes⚠ They are awesome as compared to other sites' "contests"!
Then get ready for the Full-Size of the Year (F.O.T.Y.).
Al
Any idea what the bolt sizes are on a 92-96? I searched and saw this image a few times. I see the size for the bolts for the rear seats, but not the front. I have my interior out and wanted to upgrade everything with zinc coated or stainless bolts. Just for future proofing. Nothing actually broke.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
30 Posts
Hi all,
First time posting here. I have a 91 with a 351W E4OD. I have been sitting on it for a while and finally am about to have the engine rebuilt. I'm also doing some other upgrades, one of which is new driver and passenger seats. I bought the seats and new brackets from ProCar. While waiting for them to arrive, I've decided to pull everything out and apply a bedliner, then thermal/acoustic insulation, followed by a new MIP floor from LMC Truck.

Here's my current issue. I got 3 of 4 bolts out of the passenger bracket. The last one (back left) seems to be bolted on the underside, but when I look under the truck, I can't see where it is. I measured from center to center and when I take it below, all I see is panels, which i took off to reveal...no bolt!

Any help would be greatly appreciate. I will post pics this evening when I get home from work.

Thanks,
Alec
I just did the SAME thing (well, am doing the same thing) on the passenger side there is a plate that covers that bolt location. it is about 10" x 12". had to unscrew the plate a little and pull down the end to put a wrench on it. I did not remove the entire plate. I think it is a heat shield of some sort because that is the side of the exhaust. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
25,386 Posts
Any idea what the bolt sizes are on a 92-96? I searched and saw this image a few times. I see the size for the bolts for the rear seats, but not the front. I have my interior out and wanted to upgrade everything with zinc coated or stainless bolts. Just for future proofing. Nothing actually broke.
Yo,
Here are the Ford part numbers. Better to stop by local Ford dealer parts dept and ask.
Section 01-10: Seats and Tracks
1996 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-Super Duty and Bronco Workshop Manual​
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Captain Chairs, Front
Removal
  1. Remove bolts attaching front seat support (60094) to front floor pan (11135).
  1. Lift seat and front seat tracks (61704) from vehicle.
Installation

1. Position seat and front seat tracks onto front floor pan and secure bolts.
  1. Apply Caulking Cord D6AZ-19560-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESB-M4G32-A around driver seat support assembly attaching bolt locations on front floor pan. Tighten bolts to 47-63 Nm (35-46 lb-ft).

ItemPart NumberDescription
    1N8066965-S2Screw and Washer Assembly
    2N621942-S411Nut (2 Req'd)
    360094Front Seat Support
    4N806966-S411Stud (2 Req'd)
    5D6AZ-19560-ACaulking Cord (ESB-M4G32-A)
    ATighten to 47-63 Nm
    (35-46 Lb-Ft)

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
583 Posts
I just did this when I restored all my interior. 1 bolt on the passenger seat and one on the drivers side did this. The floor pan isn’t threaded but there is a small lead block that gets threads cut in it when you bolt through it. It’s captured onto the bottom side of the floor pan but mine fell out. I had to use bolts/washers and lock nuts to make it work. That heat shield is a PITA!! I unscrewed the small one but the big one was pop riveted on and I had to pry down and use a wedge to get my hand in and hold a nut while my father in law threaded it in from the top. Could have cut it out but wanted to stay original on all of that crap. What a pain it was though.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts