Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of Fullsize Bronco Gray oem leather seat covers for 92-96. Does anyone know where to get these?? I am looking for something original, or as close to it as possible with gray perforated leather centers, pockets in back, etc. I am really trying to find the oem covers, I don't want any slip ons, aftermarket stuff. If they are truly unobtainable, I would like to find someone who makes the custom covers but an exact copy of the originals. EVERY bronco I have seen that is actually driven regularly has worn seats by now, so I know that the answer must be here somewhere.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
I did the Explorer seat swap. They will bolt right to your frame. I did the mounting bracket swap so I could keep the 6 way power on the explorer seats, a little rivit grinding and drilling required but well worth it. With explorer seats you get a alot of style options and there are probably a billion of them in junkyards. There is a lot of info and write ups if you do a search.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year explorers are compatible, I have heard of people swapping modern expedition seats in too, but my biggest concern is two things, #1 if its old explorer seats (same model year era), I would expect them to be equally as worn as bronco seats, there are just more of them out there. How do they look compared to the bronco oem seats?

Also my other concern is the crazy fold forward rail that allows easy access to back bench seat. I was looking at instaling nice recaro seats a while ago, but this is what kept me from doing it. I would like power and heated seats if possible. The bronco oem seats are pretty nice with power lumbar, just the covers are falling apart (oem leather).
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
I'm not really sure of the year compatibility but I believe Explorer seats up to the late 90's will fit on your frames. I spent a long time trying to find un-torn or un-broken Bronco seats for my 95, when I did finally find some they were crazy expensive. I found some really nice Explorer seats in a u-pull type junk yard, its way easier to find nice Explorer seats. If you use your Bronco frames you will not lose the forward fold function, if you use the entire exporer seat you'll lose that function. One other setback to explorer seats....no arm rests. If you search "seat swap" or Explorer Seats" on this site you will find a couple of Excellent write ups

1 - 5 of 5 Posts