Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just looking for some advice or options on what is the best way to go about my seat issue. It has power leather captains chairs currently that are really beat up and torn. I have looked at aftermarket options as well as having them reupholstered and do not know which way to go. The armrest on the drivers side needs some attention as well. Any suggestions will be appreciated.:thumbup

·
Registered
105 Posts
newer explorer seats bolt up to the bronco sliders. I drilled 2 holes in the sliders to set the seat back an extra inch but thats all. Not sure about the power part because mine are non power. Leather eddie bauer seats cost a whoppin $30

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
Those seats dont look to bad in there, I just wouldn't want the seat in the middle. My seats are getting well worn as well and I have been planning to do a whole new custom interior soon.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I did the same thing. Found seats out of a explorer Limited with headrests and 6 way power. Very happy with the setup!

·
Registered
90 Posts
if you like the leather, then go with what they said /\ but I actually prefer the cloth seats from a late 80's bronco. The leather is just too damn hot in the summer time. And I dont think I've ever had a more comfortable seat than in my 89 bronco. It had the fold down armrests on both sides, that thing felt like a lazyboy lol

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
if you like the leather, then go with what they said /\ but I actually prefer the cloth seats from a late 80's bronco. The leather is just too damn hot in the summer time. And I dont think I've ever had a more comfortable seat than in my 89 bronco. It had the fold down armrests on both sides, that thing felt like a lazyboy lol
I will second this, had an 85 bronco, the seats are the first thing that sold me on it, and the fact it did not start, so I got a sweet deal on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet. Thanks for the options. So far I have gotten ideas to look for Explorer, Super Duty, or 80's Bronco seats at the salvage yard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What about navigator seats? Would they bolt up? I have access to a set of them in great shape with sliders. Out of a 97/99 style navigator

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Just man up and use milk crates. They are cheap light wieght and will never rust or tear. Probably not the most comfortable in the world.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Hahaha Milk crates, thats what my original seats were like before I changed them! You could always remove the mounting brackets off your old seat frames by grinding and or drilling out the rivits then mount them on just about anything. Thats how I mounted mine, that way you get to keep all the power goodies on your new seats and as long as the new seat is the same width or very close .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts