Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Seat question

779 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bigbrownbear 
#1 ·
has anyone mounted bronco ii seats in a full size bronco? i have been offered a set out of a 1990 bronco ii for $25.00, but i am not sure how much work they will require to fit in my 1982 full size. would they be worth the trouble, or should i wait and try to find something like a full size ford truck/bronco or mustang seats?

#2 ·
don't bother with Mustang Seats, they ain't all that good. What you really want is the seats from the late-'80s and up Mark VII LSC or the fox-body T-bird LX (or GT, the one with the 5.0 and floor shifter) - you get your basic 6-way tilts, but also adjustable width, adjustable headrest that you can use for regular driving (ever been in a late '80s Lincoln Town Car?), and possibly lumbar support.

As far as bolting the seats down - Ford seats usually separate from the sliders, sp you can keep the fullsize Bronco sliders and just drop the Bronco II seats on them, it should work with minor work - I did just that in my Lincoln, ended up with nice and supportive Neon SXT seats with full 6-way Lincoln power :D

#5 ·
I got a nice set of F-150 seats with lumbar supports for $25 each. Sit a little higher, which is very nice. they are gonna do until I can find a set for a lincoln or something. I almost got a set from an escliade (Spelling??)
for the same $40 each, but was to slow getting to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.