Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Eddie Bauer edition. I need a new drivers seat because my old one is shot. I am going to the junkyards tomorrow to see what I can find. I did some minor searching of old threads. Oh and it is a bucket seat not a bench.

What I need to know is.

What other year Bronco seats will be a direct fit.

Also what other Ford model/year will bolt in?

Thanks for the help.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
87-91 should have no problem fitting Measure the seat frames, if you get seats with same size seat frames you can bolt them on to the original frames, not having to worry about what contour the floor is. Only downside is you cant bolt power adjustable seats to the stock seat frames and expect to have power adjustable seats anymore (the frame itself is what moves on power seats)

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
87 is the same body style but the driver's seat doesn't slide forward like yours does so I would stay away from that year or older.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
if you want comfort as well as function get seats from a 97-01 ford pickup and just modify the seat to fit your brackets, i got a set of red ones from a 99 f150 and while wheeling they held me in place and im a big ol boy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a drivers seat in good condition off an 87, it was even an eddie bauer so i didnt loose the look. Took a little moding because I used the frame rails off the 89 and bolted the seat and tracks onto that. But it got the job done and doesnt look half bad. Thanks for the help:twotu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts