Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the feel of mark VII or even VIII seats. my question is there a way to put mark seats in a bronco? they fold up like bronco seats do, for access in the back. I guess my limitations would be i would need power supplied to power seats. is this a possibility?

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Regentselite said:
I love the feel of mark VII or even VIII seats. my question is there a way to put mark seats in a bronco? they fold up like bronco seats do, for access in the back. I guess my limitations would be i would need power supplied to power seats. is this a possibility?

90beater just put power seats in his. IIRC they were from a jeep. Search through his threads. I was too lazy to look for it. You can get almost anything to fit.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
yes you can swap almost any seat into almost any vehicle. if you are replacing a bench then you need the other 2 rails. if you have bucket seats then look at where they attch to the seat rails it is a 10mm bolt just drill and tap a hole in the frame of the new seats (if no holes lineup and you good to go. for power run a ne wire to the fuse panel or off a power take off point (add a fuse then) and ground to the frame or body or battery and you be good to go. i done many seat swaps....mike

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
All you need is 12V source to run the power (unless they have driver memory EG: 99 Lincoln Navigator then its a nightmare) and ground the black wire to one of the bolts to the seat and floor

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I would check the width to make sure they're not too wide. If the holes don't line up drill new ones. Just make sure to give them support. If they have a red and black wire coming out of the seats you're in luck.

Here's my writeup.

·
Lick my
2,091 Posts
Mark 8 seats are awesome. Not only are they comfortable, they automatically slide forwards when you tip the backs forward to get someone in the back seat. Hmm... did they ever have red interiors?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
83bronco5.0 said:
Mark 8 seats are awesome. Not only are they comfortable, they automatically slide forwards when you tip the backs forward to get someone in the back seat. Hmm... did they ever have red interiors?
So do my manual factory Bronco seats, and they don't have as many doodads to break. :toothless But yes, I would think you could probably swap Mk VII seats right in, it should be just a matter of drilling a couple of boltholes and getting them power. The Mk VIII has driver memory, so I would think that would be a lot more complicated, but I've never tried it so I really don't know. :shrug

I seem to remember my roommate's red VIII having a red interior. Will have to try and remember to look tonight. :thumbup

Oh, and nice avatar, 83. :wowcb: :popc1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts