Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of my broken seat and it being stuck in the full upright position. I'm about 6 and a half feet and over 300 lbs. This dang seat is murder on my back. Ive looked at several sites for seats but they all say junk like fits a 36 inch waist and thats not helpful. I think im just looking in the wrong places. Anyone know a good authoritative retailer of seats? I'm probably months away from being able to buy one but getting started on finding the seat and budgeting for it already makes my back feel better.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
go to the JY and try out a 91-97 explorer seat... The base is longer and some of them even have adjustable side bolsters. I have a friend who is about your size and he's more comfortable in his 97 explorer then most other things...

Oh yeah, it bolts right into a bronco/F series also

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
Also try at a JY for F-150 or Expedition buckets. They're big and comfortable. I am a big guy too and that's waht I am going to do....my grandson has a girlfriend that owns a junk yard:toothless:thumbup

·
Forward Some Money
5,054 Posts
I have a set of 99 Explorer 6 way/lumbar seats in my '89. I like them a lot. The base needed modified to fit, but not a big deal if you can weld. They need to be from a 2 door sport so the passenger side ifunctions like the Bronco.

I agree with the Expedition seats too. Only problem would be back seat access. The pass seat doesnt fit forward like the original. But they are nice roomy seats.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I have a set of seats from a buick in my bko at the moment. They are very comfortable, and the drivers seat is full power and heated.

I am looking for a decent 40/20/40 seat to replace them with, but it has worked out well.

Took about 3-4 hours to get them installed. Having a welder helped in the install though

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heading to the JY this weekend because after being stuck in the upright the dang seat decided to collapse backwards...

Anyone know off-hand which tools I should bring with me to make it easiest. I hate lugging the tool box into my local yard because they are total jerks about making me dump the whole thing out on the counter.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,543 Posts
I bought one of those Craftsmen toolsets, the ones that come in a plastic clamshell, add a pair of *****, a needlenose, a 10-in-1 screwdriver, and a big screwdriver for a pry bar. The whole thing weighs very little and is easy to carry, plus I ALWAYS have the right tools with me...:thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts