Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired 4 nice leather bucket seats that I plan to install in my 78 Bronco. I am curious what others have done regarding the (srs) airbags in the side of the seats. Can/should they be removed? Can those jokers deploy somehow with no power to them? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,394 Posts
No power no deploy, they do still hold a charge for a short period after being unhooked..... like minutes only.id leave them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? That's comforting...ha. I took the harness and all so I guess I just need to figure the wiring/colors to power the seats then. I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Oh really? That's comforting...ha. I took the harness and all so I guess I just need to figure the wiring/colors to power the seats then. I appreciate the info.
If your going to power the seats, go into the side as far as possible and clip the wires to the airbag deployment charge itself. You should be able to use all the power features except the air bag, unless the airbag completes a circuit somehow but I doubt it does.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive my ignorance but when you say "go into the side as far as possible...", do you mean at the actual side of the seat where the airbag cover/panel piece is or follow the wires from the harness upwards and cut them as close as possible?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yes access the bag if possible and snip it at the charger, you’ll likely need tha bag in place or pull it and make a plug to fill it’s void. But yes the side of the seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts