Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Go to WallyWorld, get some modeling clay, stack it on top of the manifold in a couple of places, slam the hood, lift up the hood, and measure the clearance. It ain't rocket surgery.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,706 Posts
i like the dipstick, been trying to figure out a solution as mine is a pain to get back into the motor due to the bends around the header tube.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Not to disappoint in the least, but to be more accurate, I ran your build on DD2003. I know DD2000 is overly optimistic as I compared known stock numbers to it's output. DD2003 is more accurate, within a few hp and ftlbs. How do the two programs compare from simulation land?

DD03

DD00

DD03

DD00

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Thanks. I will be on the Dyno soon to see improvements on my recent rebuild. I will also be going to a 61mm Throttle Body and a new custom tune. We can compare then.

Here is my old Dyno from 2010 showing 289 HP and 393 TQ (at the wheels) at about 3100 rpm with the stock converter. How does that compare to your DD2003?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
DD03 is at the flywheel hard to compare.

Drag03 shows 6.8sec. 0-60 and 15.2sec. 1/4 mile.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Very nice build! :beer, I appreciated all the good info in your thread.

I plan on doing the 408 stroker upgrade myself when it's time to replace motor.
Although I plan on cheating and buying the crate motor.
One of the reasons I bought the '96 model year so they could tune the stroker.

I love the info on the E4OD upgrade, it's one of those pieces I hadn't figured out yet and I definitely like that plug and play option.

I know for the more hardcore wrenching guys on here I ***** out but for me I'm too impatient.

I just want to get it in there so I can tear it up! :rockon

Just curious, looks like you went with the belt driven water pump rather than electric, any particular reasons for your choice?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Just curious, looks like you went with the belt driven water pump rather than electric, any particular reasons for your choice?

Pros: Better cooling at all RPM ranges, even when the motor is off. Frees up HP.

Cons: Not the best thing to have on the street thare not as reliable and give no warning when they fail.

I ultimately went with this EMP Stewart Stage 1 and a very cool Performance SS Thermostat Housing.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Pros: Better cooling at all rmp ranges, even when the motor is off. Frees up HP.

Cons: Not the best thing to have on the street they just arn't as reliable and give no warning when they fail.

I ultimately went with this EMP Stewart Stage 1 and a very cool Performance SS Thermostat Housing.

]
Good information.
I can think of one more pro for the belt fed, chances are virtually any parts store in any Podunk town will likely at least have a stock pump you can get until you get home.

Still haven't decided which way to go yet so I like hearing others reasons for their decisions.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,008 Posts
Thanks for cussin' yourself out.
That way we don't have to line up and cuss you one at a time. ;)

Alvin in AZ
That's me always trying to take others feelings into consideration! :thumbup

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Did I git yer 0-60 right, 'bout 6.5 seconds?

I hate to git on ya about yer weight but curb weight, but, well that's like comparing your high school fightin' weight to where yer at on yer 20th high school reunion. Have you put it on a scale?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
4500 lbs is the Ford advertised Curb Weight. I am sure that I am above that weight with the larger tires and the Thermostat Housing, but I do have a lighter 9" rear end. Next time, I will pay attention at the Transfer Station and let you know. I see the specs have to be dialed in as the DD2003 numbers still do not match my actual 2010 Dyno. I will work on a new Dyno and more accurate weight.

When will your Bronco get on the Dyno? We would all love to see it to compare to your estimated numbers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How are those Pro Magnum rocker arms holding up for you? I have a new set and the taller ARP studs for a set of heads (yet to be determined which brand) I'm looking to build at some point in the future. Are they quiet or do you hear a bit of noise from them?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
You definitely hear roller noise until the engine warms up and everything settles down. I think good oiling is important, but the roller tips seem inherently noisier that flat tappet.

I have an extra set sitting in my garage that were used for 1 year. They still look perfect. Lifetime warranty, rebuildable , strong and handle a valve lift of up to .650.

Whatever you do, see this link first: I broke my new 408 Stroker - ****!!!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
When will your Bronco get on the Dyno? We would all love to see it to compare to your estimated numbers.
Well that's long overdue. I'll see what I can do after the first of the year.

I updated the power table and graphs for your build and they appear to be very close. If you consider about a 28% power loss from the flywheel to the wheels at 5,000rpm, you get 292HP.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts