Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Oh my gosh what a beautiful engine! The only thing mine has in common with that one is I have the same blue hoses on it. LOL!

Glayd

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
This build is so sanitary, It makes my kitchen look dirty!

Wow, found a local tuning shop specializing in boosted applications that will do a baseline dyno run for free, then $25/run or $100/hr. for tuning. One guess where my X-mas money is going? Going to schedule time this week.

I have read-up on power at the flywheel vs the rear wheels. Seems there is no real accurate way get from one to the other with calculations.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Notice the difference in scales between each graph.

Did you run with the converter locked in 3rd?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
the transmission shop to call is Rancho Transmission, in Temecula Ca...These guys build for most any Winning Baja Team. They did great work for me when I built a full roller 496....Plenty of torque...Look them up!!
We both have built E4OD's and high stall converters. Ya didn't read much of the thread nor comprehended my post. I got no trans troubles, just chose to dyno it with the TC locked so it was all engine.................

·
Registered
753 Posts
Beautiful. Very nice work, man.
I'm shocked that the E4OD can't keep up with the engine, as it's supposed to.
There's always the ZF5...particularly the ZF S5-47.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It is still running extremely strong with little (other than normal) maintenance. The Level 10 E4OD is exceptionally flawless and the Currie F9 is strong as can be. (Who says you cannot have a strong 9" rear?).

Over the past two years, I drive it every day with high confidence. I did have a problem with the hybrid 1330/1350 u-joint, but I replaced it with a completely new driveshaft having true 1350 u-joints at both ends. Other than that, I just drive it and have fun. Prolly 80,000 miles since original rebuild. I expect the drivetrain to have longevity.

I did considered SWAT's blower, but I could not bring myself to change what is working well. Other than that, the Seattle FSB is seen all around Seattle most days. :thumbup

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you had to do it again what oil pan would you use? I'm actually in Seattle and your build pretty closely mirrors what I'm doing. I'm also doing a solid axle swap. The build is intended to be taken into the Cascades, Olympic peninsula, then out to Utah.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts