Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got the lugs to finish my dual battery setup, but I've got a question. I know on my relay I hook one side to each battery and then one small terminal is a ground and the other goes to a hot ignition wire.

My question is: I've got a always hot fused switch panel in my cab, can I attach the relay to one of my switches so of I need the jump battery I just flip my switch in the cab with the truck off to activate the relay or do I really need one of those big ass boat switches?

Obviously the switch panel power will be attached to the aux battery lol.

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doubt anyone cares, but the oeprating amperage on these isolators is 1amp, so you don't need to buy the 120983 dollar big ass boat switch lots of guys run. I set up my relay to be powered by an always hot switch in my cab which is connected to my main battery. I suspect I'll need to switch its power lead to my auxillary battery, because in case the main dies it sure owuld suck not being able to activate the relay.

I'm just going to put a quick disconnect dongle on each battery though so it's easy to swap as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts