Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 302 (and my 1984 f150) only had 46,212 original miles on, but I decided to do everything over. To wake up the engine I added a Lunati Voodoo cam, a Weiland intake, a holley street avenger, a procomp ignition and some heads. The heads were of a 69' stang and have been ported, polished, and recieved larger valves with a 3 angle job.

NOW I have access to my grandads 351w which was rebuilt by a top notch Ford Mechanic here in town. The engine is basically stock, except it is bored 30 over. I no longer want the 302 I built. I respect the 302, but the 351 is more of a truck engine. And I love torque...

I researched the both engines and can't deicde, the 351 is eventually going in...but should I do it now, or see what my 302 can do? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I should mention that I'm running 4.11's, and a ZF overdrive. And again that I love torque...as we all do. And by all means, this is not a how much horse power, which is better...I already searched for them ansewers...although I didn't come up with much:duh

I just wanted to know if if was a really stupid move to put in a stock 351w after I just spent a few hundred to liven up a 302. Be Honest!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Bone stock i would say go straight for the 351, but that 302 is giong to run circles around the stock 351. Save the 351 and since you are running carb anyway stroke it out and put it in when the 302 gets tired (or you decide you want more engine)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You really think my 302 will have as much grunt as a stock 351? I think HP will be similar, but I have no estimate with the torque. My 302 wouldn't go to complete waste because my dad needs a new engine. But I put a considerable amount of money and time into that thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts