Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a middle row of seats in my Bronco, now it seats 8, and with the middle and back seats folded down it makes a great base for a queen sized air matress. I've tried it out several times with my kids, sleeping quite comfortably, but it's a pita to roll the rear window up and down once you're all cozy inside. Especially when you have to do it several times a night because someone has to go to the bathroom. Has anyone here installed a secondary window switch that's more conveniently located and does not require the key to be on?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Never done or seen the secondary tailgate switch, but would like to see some pics of your seat set-up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
wire something off of the key switch in the tailgate, easiest way IMO
i was thinking about putting a switch on the drivers side rear 1/4 like the explorers door lock switch.. Make it easy to roll the window up and down when camping in the back

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
i was thinking about putting a switch on the drivers side rear 1/4 like the explorers door lock switch.. Make it easy to roll the window up and down when camping in the back
I forgot all about that switch in the explorer, I remember one time we had the back of my brothers 98 loaded and something kept hitting it and locking/unlocking the doors for 3 hours :rofl:

Anyways yeah that sounds like a good idea, just put it in a place that wont get bumped!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I forgot all about that switch in the explorer, I remember one time we had the back of my brothers 98 loaded and something kept hitting it and locking/unlocking the doors for 3 hours :rofl:

Anyways yeah that sounds like a good idea, just put it in a place that wont get bumped!
:lolup That would of driven me crazy

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,186 Posts
Here's a link: Tailgate switch in the back bossind adds a 3rd tailgate switch inside. Steve83's link to his 3rd switch wiring diagram is in post 9. Click on Steve's thumbnails for larger pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts