Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ubermich started a thread "Question for Hackers/Internet Gurus" where I posted that I was having problems with intermitent PayPal certificate expiration notice pop-ups.

All you had to do was to click "OK" to update the cert on your machine. Well I don't have a PayPall cert on my PC 'cause I've never used it, so I always clicked "CANCEL".

Today, I decided to break down and order an upgrade of my Win98se to XP Home Edition from MicroSoft. Thought it a good idea to install the latest service pack to my system in preparation. Now guess what I came across...
  • Q329115: Security Update (Windows 98)
    Download size: 407 KB, 1 minute
    This update resolves the "Certificate Validation Flaw Could Enable Identity Spoofing" vulnerability in Windows 98. Download now to help prevent an attacker from attempting identity spoofing using certificates.
  • Q323172: Security Update (Windows 98)
    Download size: 214 KB, < 1 minute
    This update resolves the "Flaw in Digital Certificate Enrollment Component Allows Certificate Deletion" security vulnerability in Windows 98. Download now to help stop a Web site or HTML e-mail from deleting digital certificates on your computer and preventing you from using the services they are associated with.
Remember that this is for Win98/Win98se, but you always want to keep up with the service packs - especially the fixes for security holes. My motto - "Never the rusting edge and never the bleeding edge".

Thought I'd pass it on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts