Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Why would you want to stay speed density?

I think a TwEECer and a MAF lightning computer with a custom harness would be the way to go.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
MAF is not the answer to everything, it's not like it gives you more HP or torque. SD and MAF both have adantages and disads. I'm perfectly happy with my SD setup, the only way I would switch to MAF is if I get around to building the 393 stroker I want.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Well, exactly my point... for our stock/semi modded engines, SD is fine, but that website is, for the most part, talking about dragsters and high performance off road vehicles... and I guess my point still is that for our purposes, why would we want to stay SD? It just seems so much easier, and potentially cheaper to go with a MAF computer... and if you really want to tune it, get a TwEECer because it's already built for our motors.

I guess what I was getting at was, WHY stay speed density, when MAF is availible... yeah SD has a slightly faster pickup on changes, but where do you draw the line at when choosing, and is it really going to make that much of a difference, again for something that is potentially much more expensive.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
So SD has more tuning capability then MAF? Or is SD just more difficult to tune?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Four oh four on the second link.

Ok, so I see some advantages of SD... dunno what was in the second link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts