Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've just ordered a 4" superlift and I'm currently pricing tires (looking to get 33's). What kind of gears should I think about getting? Ratio and brand? Also, do you think that this is going to be too much for my I-6 w/ 150k miles? I'm freakin' clueless with this bronco:banghead All I know is that mustangs were a hell of a lot easier to fix up!

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I feel your pain...I raced a '72 mach I all through the '80's. Do a search on gears, this has been discusseda bazillion times....:thumbup

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
well, what gears do you have currently? which tranny? street driven or trail only?

these are all variables that need to be discussed. as a matter of fact i think they have. try a search.

i ran 33s with a 3.55 gears and a 351. it was fine. now that i have stepped up to 35s, i will be getting some 4.10s and calling it a day.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried searching but my computer crashes pretty much all the time when I do this (doing this at work). My bronco has the M5OD, not sure what gears are in it right now (probably stock), and this is going to be mostly for street use. I know that I probably fit into the typical noobie mold asking questions that have already been answered, but if it weren't for people like me there wouldn't be anybody to make fun of:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts